Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
It was his hatchday yesterday. I forgot. He's not alive, so I don't have him to remind me. I really miss him:( he would've been 3. I had him so short, only 5 months... they fly into your hearts so quickly.
1618927350252.JPEG

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Some days it feels like I'll see him again, that he's still here. I remember after he passed I had dreams where he was still in his cage, and I immediately went to grab him and hold him, and as soon as I get hold of him my dream ends. Probably a sign that I wanted him to come back and that I wasn't ready to let go, and that I didn't believe he was dead. Because those were the emotions I was feeling.

20201013_080644.jpg

Man, nostalgia hits hard :(

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I still think I hear Lucy saying her Lucy things. It’s sad when I remember she’s not here.

Your experience is normal for grieving of birds and people.

I had a dream about Lucy two nights ago and I woke up so happy!

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I think I'm still grieving for him, because I still feel sad when I think of him... and I haven't fully accepted his death... could be the fact that I'm a very sentimental person, but I'm not sure.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry, Pipp. Grumpy was gorgeous, and I know that his life was filled with love for those 5 months you had him. I feel sure that he felt that love as he crossed the bridge, and it comforted him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts