Had my tiels for 72 hours...I am so Anxious

Gladriele

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Hello all,

I am so anxious I feel sick. I have done SOOO much research and was fully prepared for everything......accept that they need 10-14 hours sleep.

Husband and I are early risers so black sheet goes over cage at 6:30-7pm and we wake them at 5:45-6. I realiserd that's only 10 hours.
Also my husbands and I live in a 2 room bungalow - lounge in one room and bed in the other with no other space. The only other spot we could put them would be in our walk in robe - this however has little air flow and is a bit stuffy. but they way they would have darkness and be able to sleep for a lot longer.

We put the cover on and speak a little but are usually gaming on computers with headphones. So only mouse clicks and keyboards. Occasional talking. is this okay?

We discussed not waking them at 6 and instead wait until we are home from the gym at 7 then they get the 11 hours + naps.

I am so scared and want them to be as happy and healthy as can be. Does anyone have experience with little space and them sleeping?

They seem lively and happy and they nap around 12-3 on and off. Lots of beak grinding and fluffed cheek feathers <3

Please help/advice would be so wonderful.

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Congratulations on your new ones. They look beautiful 😍
You are fine. Mine are not covered and in my great room. I dim lights turn down tv. They are all fine years later. Occasionally an after hours dog barking fest they peep i tell them all ok go back to sleep ..
Life isn't perfect we do our best.

OP
Gladriele

Gladriele

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Congratulations on your new ones. They look beautiful 😍
You are fine. Mine are not covered and in my great room. I dim lights turn down tv. They are all fine years later. Occasionally an after hours dog barking fest they peep i tell them all ok go back to sleep ..
Life isn't perfect we do our best.
Oh thank you so much - I have been losing sleep myself worrying about them. Little bit of Bird owner noob anxiety.

thank you for the kind words, they were much needed

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
My Amazon and 'tiel have their houses in the living room. I cover them between 9-9:30pm. My brother watches tv with lights on until 10,sometimes later. The birds quiet down within minuets,sometimes BB will chirp or tweet and I uncover them anywhere between 8 and 9 am...never had a problem..you should be golden :)

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts