Happy bird after 24 hours

Kiwi’s mum

Jul 2, 2022
Derbyshire
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
We have beak grinding (cuttle fish coming tomorrow) and silly play with the mirror and toys. Not so skittish. Can get close to the cage without a flap. Edges away with one foot on the cage and one on the perch watching me post treats on the bars. Plenty of praise when Kiwi goes for it. Doesn’t like baby corn raw. Will try steamed tomorrow but grapes and melon a huge hit.
Thank you all to the people who replied to my rather long first post yesterday. It has been a great help.
Oh… and I tried the misting. Only a few squirts of room temp water in the air above… DIDNT flinch so I’m really pleased with that. There was a slight vocal noise made today. Not sure if kiwi was trying or if it was something else but… all round progress.
Hunting for a much larger cage soon. Any ideas on where to go for one that’s not going to cost a mortgage? UK based.
Thank you all.
5184158A-CC4C-47CF-A665-2EA8BCF7313F.jpeg

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
What great progress!

Good luck on your cage search; I went through that a few months ago and it's a chore!

OP
K

Kiwi’s mum

Jul 2, 2022
Derbyshire
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
What great progress!

Good luck on your cage search; I went through that a few months ago and it's a chore!
Hahaha cheers for that. Yeah, it has been that already. Either the perfect size and too expensive or an ok size but bars look flimsy and rubbish reasonable prices.
My husband is a welder fettler and a many things man. I’ll bribe him into making one and get a suitable paint for it. Only way I think. Oooorrr it could also prove just as costly. Uh… we’ll see.

Squeeing_Onion

Oct 10, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
"Bongo" - Green Cheek Conure
“Echo” - Indian Ringneck
"Chicken" - Sun Conure, rest in peace, my precious friend.
I never thought to look on there!! And I’m always on Amazon too 😂 thank you. Lol
If there's any parrot rescues/sanctuaries near you, you can also check with them! Some of them sell spare cages because they end up with so many from people donating them.

I bought my IRN's cage from PAEP for $75.00

Facebook marketplace and craigslists are also good places to search.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Aww..very cute! Good luck with the bathing.

You may have the same cage as Willow Quaker has. I think it’s pretty well made and he is out a lot so it will have to do for now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts