Harness for GCC

BleuBug

Mar 8, 2022
Parrots
Atlas - Green Cheek Conure
I want to get a harness for Atlas. I was looking at the aviator harnesses but I'm not sure what size to get? If I go by weight (71 grams) according to the chart I should get an XXX small but the suggestion for a GCC is listed as a XX small. Should I go with the XX small in case she gets bigger(she's 8 months ish) or go by her weight? I don't want it to be unsafe but I also worry about it being too small

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Its better to start with one thats on the bigger side of fitting, as the head loop will be bigger and easier for you and your parrot to get into. Once she is totally comfortable putting it on, you can always get a smaller one, if you think you need it. THats the hardest part, getting them to be OK with putting their heads thru the head loop You'll notice in my sigpic, Salty has his on. We practice putting it on almost every night.

OP
B

BleuBug

Mar 8, 2022
Parrots
Atlas - Green Cheek Conure
Its better to start with one thats on the bigger side of fitting, as the head loop will be bigger and easier for you and your parrot to get into. Once she is totally comfortable putting it on, you can always get a smaller one, if you think you need it. THats the hardest part, getting them to be OK with putting their heads thru the head loop You'll notice in my sigpic, Salty has his on. We practice putting it on almost every night.
Thank you! We'll go with the bigger one then, at least for now!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I got the XX Small for my GCC, and I think it's too small, IMHO.

Most Reactions