Harnesses for budgies?

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Im just curious..
Are there harnesses good for budgies?
Or should budgies not wear harnesses in the first place?

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
It’s said that budgies are way more skittish and tend to be more alert and antsy when in new places and environments including the outdoors.
I think there are harnesses made for budgies if you look hard enough cuz I could have sworn I saw one but some harness brands don’t even market their harnesses to so little of a size.
Hope this helps.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
In general budgies aren’t great with harnesses and walks, as stated above. But every bird is different so if the owner thinks their budgie will do fine, I’d recommend the Mini Wings or Aviator harness.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
In general budgies aren’t great with harnesses and walks, as stated above. But every bird is different so if the owner thinks their budgie will do fine, I’d recommend the Mini Wings or Aviator harness.
Wouldn't recommend Aviator for a budgie, though. The straps are just too thick for their little bodies. Remember, ALL parts of a harness have to be proportional to the bird, not just the strap length. I do recommend Mini Wings, though, as all the harness parts are proportional to the budgie.

Most Reactions

Latest posts