Harrison’s Recovery Formula for underweight parrot?

DanaDMG

Apr 21, 2023
Parrots
Lovebird Dutch blue mutation, 2 hrs old
Hi,

My parrot is losing weight since laying eggs( we went to the doctor and there is nothing wrong with her that would make her lose weight).
The eggs are just very pressuring for her as she also has hormonal imbalance and doctor suggested to us Emeraid Omnivore.
The formula was great and my lovebird loved it but it seems like it can’t be found nowhere, not even my vet can’t procure it.
I did feed her Harrison recovery for some time which seemed fine but I heard some bad reviews about making the bird sicker.
It didn’t seem to hurt my baby.
What is your opinion on it?
Also, can I feed her for example the Psittacus Handfeeding Formula which I can see has no milk in it, seems to be alike with the recovery ones.
I just need a good formula to help her gain some weight back.
Any advice about better options or let me know if it would be okay to continue with these 2 options above.

Thank you

OP
D

DanaDMG

Apr 21, 2023
Parrots
Lovebird Dutch blue mutation, 2 hrs old
Actually the bad opinion was about their Juvenile weaning formula for babies, pardon me but still, let me know if anyone can help

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Some things you can add to her diet to build up weight
Pasta (single ingredient type, no added anything)
Some well cooked chicken (Boiled preferably)
Ditto fish, if it would be eaten, non-oily types like tuna.
Hard boiled eggs or scrambled using coconut oil/butter

Once or twice a week for these and not huge amounts. You want weight build up to be gradual. Exercise in the form of flying and hard play will build muscles and not fat.
No beef or pork!

My little 'zon Salty has the opposite problem (like a lot of amazons do), he eats like hog.

Most Reactions

Latest posts