He mimicks my voice and now THIS

VolcanoBakemeat

Jan 30, 2016
with my bird
Parrots
BIG MIKE! He's a 10 year old green cheeked conure. Loves chewing shoelaces, stealing, long walks on the beach
I once bought my conure a flight suit so I could take him out with me more. I got him comfortable around it enough to actually wear it, but all he does when I get it on him is squint and stare at me. For a long time. He'll move around and talk and act normally, but whenever I turn and make eye contact he SQUINTS and stares.

:green: <(S E E Y O U I N H E C K)

My bird has gotten similar looks from me a lot in our time together, so I think maybe he picked it up from me? I know they mimic words, but I didn't think parrots would imitate behavior! At least not the behaviors mine chooses to copy.

He likes to "brush" his "hair" with this my little pony comb I got in a happy meal. I've caught him on my keyboard doing a tap dance while yelling "I'M YOU I'M YOU! YOU DO THIS." (Yes, I say this around him, I love to heckle him) He also will apply chapstick! To EVERYTHING. His toys, my phone, my computer, walls, the cat... He doesn't eat it, he doesn't even try! When he's done, he whispers "...you're beautiful..." These are specific things I do around him a lot, only I don't do them like a toddler. He watches me brush my hair and apply makeup in the mirror, he sees me working on my computer, I KNOW what he's trying to do I just can't believe it sometimes! He's so smart. Birds are so smart it's terrifying.

Why couldn't he have imitated something useful? Like vacuuming

Have you ever had your bird(s) grow up to be you? Share your funny copycat moments! I mean copybird I mean-

Mango7218

Banned
Banned
Jan 20, 2016
Ireland,Dublin
Parrots
Cockatiels,Plum headed parakeet,African grey
Tiko our African grey copies my Mam like my mam always saids to her im Bursting when she needs to go toilet and anytime my mam goes toilet Tiko saids it and also one day my Mam was having a cup of tea so Tiko broke a bell off her toy and filled it with water and drank from it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts