Head bowing

CharlieAndMom

Sep 12, 2021
Parrots
Adult Male Quaker
My Charlie puts his head down and slightly tips back, like he's in a trance, for 10-30 seconds at a time. Not often, but daily. No other known health issues. Just wondering as I'm getting him healthy after former owners neglect. We're off to get banded and checked up on in three weeks.
PXL_20210918_205506255.jpg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think this is called “looking at the feet”.

Really, I have seen my Quakers have their minds blown by their scaley feet, over and over. They just stare at their feet like that every once in a while. I had a bird years ago that would get mad at her foot if it didn’t scratch her head right, bite the foot, and then freak out because someone bit her foot.
If it’s not “looking at the feet” then maybe this bird is asking for a head scratch? But to me, this bird is looking at its feet.

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
My Charlie puts his head down and slightly tips back, like he's in a trance, for 10-30 seconds at a time. Not often, but daily. No other known health issues. Just wondering as I'm getting him healthy after former owners neglect. We're off to get banded and checked up on in three weeks.View attachment 30724
he seems to be "fascinated" by his feet :)!
ive seen sme birds do it its pretty normal
altho- i only saw this type of behaviours on macaws

D

Deleted member 42416

Rico the cockatoo also did this when we first rescued him. It lasted about 6 months and then he stopped. We called it “let us pray” and we’d bow our heads too! He has a different, deeper kneeling pose when he wants his head scratched. His blood work was all fine at his initial vet visit as well. I’m also curious as to what causes this behavior.

Most Reactions