Heart Broken

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Just when I thought Midori was in the clear. I wake up to her making a strange sound. Back to the vet we go. The vet had said from the start that her cracked lower beak was substantial, and he didn't feel good about it. Somehow her facture had spread, and one side of her beak was close to totally fracturing off which was going to leave her without the ability to scoop food. His opinion was that it was more human to put her down, then to allow her to continue to suffer. This is the part of rescue work that sucks!
Gone too soon. See you on the other side of the rainbow!

Attachments

• Midori.jpg
    Midori.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 73

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry for your loss of Midori. You did everything you possibly could, and keeping her from suffering was the final thing you could do for her.
May she fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, her beak now made new again.
My heart goes out to you, and I agree, this is definitely the brutal part of rescuing.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so very sorry for your loss of the beautiful Midori. You rescued her and gave her hope, and you must have had so much hope for her too. It must be doubly devastating to have lost her when you were trying so hard to give her a better life, but if she had to leave this world, she did so enveloped by your love and care. It's so very hard to let them go, but I hope that you can take at least a little comfort in that.

Godspeed precious Midori. May you fly straight and true on your glorious wings to the Rainbow Bridge, until we all meet again. 🙏✨🌈

Most Reactions