Heartbreaking...absolutely heartbreaking

foxgloveparrot

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon) Lilla (senegal parrot) Ziggy and Kai (budgies) Cricket (parrotlet)

Tikitiel

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Riyadh
Parrots
Lutino cockatiel (Tiki)
**RIP**
Tango the sun conure
Flitch the Sparrow
thats normal in our country..
they shove like what 30 tiels or more in a cage that i use for traveling purposes
and people here carry birds with thier wings
they pluck tier wing feathers saying it doesnt hurt them while i can see the pain in the birds eyes
its just horible here and i am ashamed
i feel like me and my friend are the only people who know how to take care of a bird properly
they bought a guy in the news who says he is a "expert" while he said a pure sun flower seed diet and using shampoo is a must for birds

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Jenday Conure, Eclectus parrot
That is so sad. All to make quick $$$ too. Then we have over crowded shelters with no funding, and no one to adopt their parrots as a direct result of the above situation. Its just a terrible situation all around. Some of these birds will always be a victim of neglect, and its very unfortunate.

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon) Lilla (senegal parrot) Ziggy and Kai (budgies) Cricket (parrotlet)
they bought a guy in the news who says he is a "expert" while he said a pure sun flower seed diet and using shampoo is a must for birds
When I got my first bird, a pionus, I took him to a VET and got the same advice. He advised an all-seed diet and said that birds can die from eating vegetables :rolleyes:
Never went to that vet again

Tikitiel

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Riyadh
Parrots
Lutino cockatiel (Tiki)
**RIP**
Tango the sun conure
Flitch the Sparrow
When I got my first bird, a pionus, I took him to a VET and got the same advice. He advised an all-seed diet and said that birds can die from eating vegetables :rolleyes:
Never went to that vet again
Well thats all the vets here :/

Most Reactions