Heaters?

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I've used the snuggle up heater but it didn't give off very much heat. I have the heated perch and love it for everyday use. When my birds are recovering I use a well used space heater that is a few years older and a radiant heater ( it's a flat panel heater. I do not have to worry about the cord being chewed as it's outside the cage and that is not something she is known to do. But I do see how a very determined parrot may be able to get hold of the cord, extra precautions to prevent this may need to be taken ..) Hope this helps and you parrot beats this infection quickly!

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
Senegal (RIP: 5/21/94-10/20/21)
I don't know if this would fall into this category? I mean a heater is related to health? I need to keep my little boy warm. My home gets to about 75 but my vet said he needs to stay way higher in temp to recover from a infection. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...UR4j9cl5zUynKqmUUYBoCP24QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Would this heater be safe to use?

I don't know if this would fall into this category? I mean a heater is related to health? I need to keep my little boy warm. My home gets to about 75 but my vet said he needs to stay way higher in temp to recover from a infection. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...UR4j9cl5zUynKqmUUYBoCP24QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Would this heater be safe to use?
Yes, it should be safe as it is outside the cage and meant to warm up the whole room. I have bought the same model from Walmart but did not get to use it as my Senegal passed away on the day I brought the heater home. I have tried using heat lamp with a clamp at different positions near the cage and have also used infra red bulb thinking he could sleep better but the temperature inside the cage fluctuated quite a bit and not stable. The flat panel heater other has suggested was out of stock so we decided to purchase the oil infused heater. It's best if the bird cage is inside a small enclosed space/room to maintain a stable temperature. Make sure to use a thermometer to monitor the temperature inside the room. Recommend you to purchase an infra red handheld thermometer looks like a handgun aiming at the cage or even your birdie to check the temp inside the cage so you know the precise temp so you can adjust accordingly. My vet has instructed to maintain 90-95 F 24/7.

All the best!

Most Reactions