Hello and where to start !

Grubsich

Aug 11, 2017
ireland
Parrots
Genji the green cheek conure :@) About 3 years old.
I've been on this forum since last year, posting about advice for my sick green cheek conure, but i've avoided making any posts !
A short summary of our little adventure has been getting him at a bad time and bringing home to a stressful household that was making him sick. I did not realise our mould problem in the bedroom was so bad, not only was it making him sick with infections, it was making me and my gf sick too ! After the sudden passing of my mom two weeks ago, weve all moved out to a relatives home, and he has been doing so much better.
I'de like to post more about him ( his name is Genji) about updates on his training etc, but im not sure where. Should i wait to post in the training section until i have more to say, i dont want to fill up the forums with bird diary entries.
Any thoughts? :3
-Meagan
:green1:
tumblr_p213a5zh4S1vd9r62o2_400.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums Meagan, wish your first post was under happier circumstances. My deepest condolences for the sudden passing of your Mom. I am sure you are numb and still processing the reality.

Beautiful pic of Genji, hope he continues to improve. Mold is insidious and can deeply infect lung tissues. Is he under the care of a certified avian vet, and have specific organisms been cultured?

You are welcome to create a "home thread" of Genji's story wherever you like. Many members do so in a species-specific forum, so the "Conures" location may be best.

Most Reactions