Hello everyone! I am new here, so thank you for reading...I have 2 conures that I adore :) I purchased an armoire that did have coats of polyurethane

ROBERTAB

Nov 10, 2021
Parrots
2 Conures. A nanday and a blue crown
My question is, I have kept this Armoire in my basement for months now to let the fumes go away.....the Armoire is covered in a plastic "wrap" so I am having it brought upstairs in my living room where the 2 babies are...when I unwrap this, will there still be fumes that would harm them? Concerned even though this has been in my basement for many months...Any advice would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Take the plastic wrap off of it, and let it air down in the basement for awhile. If you smell fumes down there, keep letting it air out more. All you did by wrapping it was to keep the fumes trapped. Airing means just - that letting the object air to the ambient atmosphere.

OP
R

ROBERTAB

Nov 10, 2021
Parrots
2 Conures. A nanday and a blue crown
Take the plastic wrap off of it, and let it air down in the basement for awhile. If you smell fumes down there, keep letting it air out more. All you did by wrapping it was to keep the fumes trapped. Airing means just - that letting the object air to the ambient atmosphere.
Agreed! We took the wrapping off, and will let it sit again for couple of weeks....never thought to unwrap it , then it hit me last night, gee wonder if the fumes are caught in the saran wrap looking material, my contractor and his guys were going to bring it up, this morning I asked him to wait, so he unwrapped a piece of the Armoire and sure enough he said "yup smell it" thanks so much for your reply! xxxooo

Most Reactions

Latest posts