Hello Everyone

SydneyB27

Apr 30, 2021
Hi, I'm Syd live in London Ontario Canada and really would love a baby blue headed pionus. Feel i have more luck looking for the meaning of life, any help would be appreciated :) not looking to have the bird shipped to me, would want to pick it up myself.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Syd, thanks for joining! Kudos for wanting a personal touch in selection, one of our best bits of advice is "letting the bird choose you." (of course after research and selecting species)

Perhaps members can share local breeders for blue headed pionus. My hunch is they are fairly rare so you'll have to do some research and decide how far to travel.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Breeders for that specific species are not widespread. Using the SEARCH feature on this board, I would try and find members who currently own one, and query them where they got the parrot. They are not 'hen's teeth' rare, but almost.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
welcome aboard! This is a great place-- I never thought I'd be so active on any forum, but it REALLY helps to be a part of a community like this!

Are you new to parrots in terms of owning one?

PS- Very wise to be cautious of shipping-- it is very stressful for them, so I would not suggest it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts