Hello Fellow Parrot 'Parronts!'

mango_&_sunny

Nov 14, 2021
Parrots
Fischer's Lovebirds
My husband and I purchased a young (roughly 8/9 week old) Fischer's Lovebird on 21 May this year. We live in Melbourne Australia so Mango is a 'lockdown' bird in a sense! So we have much work to do in desensitising him to visitors :). Mango was also not hand-raised so it has taken a few months for him to 'step up' but we are really happy with his progress so far.

I have learnt most of what I know from Youtube videos on bird training and trick training. But really feel the need to converse with other Parrot 'Parronts' too so that is why I am here.

Lisa

Attachments

• IMG20211105082522.jpg
    IMG20211105082522.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG20211018154754.jpg
    IMG20211018154754.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 76

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the forums to all three of you! I love your pic of Mango and his fruity namesake - I named my lorikeet Lilly Pilly after the tree that bears some of her favourite fruit! :D Mango sure is a little cutie, he looks like he's loving life! :love:

Thank you for joining our virtual international online flock in what we like to think of as the nicest little corner of the internet - I think you'll like it here :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome! Mango is a stunning lovie and you seem like a great parront! Feel free to engage in conversations, ask for help if you need, and give advice to others as well! I can't wait to get to know you and am excited to see you around the forum-
Welcome!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. If there was ever a parrot that should be named Mango this is the one! If you like tricks, check out a few of the videos on my channel, link below, and I can get you started.

OP
M

mango_&_sunny

Nov 14, 2021
Parrots
Fischer's Lovebirds
Welcome and be welcomed. If there was ever a parrot that should be named Mango this is the one! If you like tricks, check out a few of the videos on my channel, link below, and I can get you started.
Thank you. I will check them out. I am always looking for new things to teach Mango to keep him mentally engaged :). So far Mango has learnt to 'step up', 'wave', 'hi five' (in his own way :)), play basketball, 'tunnel' and a bit of recall flight as well (indoors). I would love to get him to wear a harness one day so we are currently making small progress with that. :) Just wanna give him the best 'captive' life ever!

Most Reactions

Latest posts