Hello from Australia

firthy13

Dec 14, 2014
Newcastle, Australia
Parrots
nando - Crimson Bellied Conure
G'day guys
I have just got my first hand reared bird. I have been in th bird game for many years breeding finches and other small birds. Gave breeding away a few years ago due to work commitments but now I have a bit more time I have decided to with a pet conure. After tossing up between a green cheek, crimson bellied or sun, I finally decided on a crimson bellied conure named Nando.
I have alway love sun conures since I was young but didnt know if I could tolerate the noise so I went with the crimson. He is currently 12 weeks old and very playful.
He is stepping up on command now. Also been doing a bit of target training with him.
He is eating soaked seeds, dry small parrot seed mix, vetafarm small parrot pellets, corn and apple. I cant seem to get him to try anything other than that. Any suggestions on how to get your bird tobtry new foods?
I am looking forward to getting involved in the forum and hopefully learning a few more training techniques.

Cheers

Michael

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Hi and welcome. I read (on here?) that making chop is a good way to get them eating all sorts of food, if you chop it all up fine, it looks like the "same thing" each time even if you use different veges in it.

I'd like to see Nando when you get around to posting his photo.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Oo! Oo! I see you are another Novocastrian! Where do you live in N'cle? I'm in Wallsend and currently have a Galah, five Lovebirds and half a pair of Alexandrines. Welcome to our excellent forum - I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Betrisher

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Welcome to the forums Michael.....you can usually find an answer or two, that you might be looking for, around here.....

MyEkkieArnie

Dec 6, 2014
Regional Australia
Parrots
Arnie (male Solomon Islands Eclectus Parrot, born 10/09/14)
Welcome, fellow Aussie! Not too many Aussies here. :D The members here are very helpful. I've found answers to all my questions so far. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and Welcome, Michael! Enjoy your stay!

OP
F

firthy13

Dec 14, 2014
Newcastle, Australia
Parrots
nando - Crimson Bellied Conure
Thanks guys.
I have been trawling the forum for the last few months looking for info on certain species so I thought it was time I sign up.
Betrisher, i have just moved to warners bay from adamstown.

Most Reactions

Latest posts