Hello from Virginia!

Wink05

Dec 30, 2021
Virginia
Parrots
1 parakeet named Wink
Hello! Figuring out the forum and figured I would introduce myself. I am located in Virginia. I have a single male parakeet named Periwinkle, Wink for short. Iā€™ve had him for 2 years. He has a cage with a variety of toys and enjoys regular play time in my bird proofed bedroom. I enjoy fish keeping, arts and crafts, and being outdoors. I am not quite sure what else I am suppose to say here, butā€¦ Glad to be here! I canā€™t wait to meet some other members and learn about some different ways I can improve as a bird owner!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the forums to you and Wink! Love your introduction, the only thing that's missing is some pics.....

(this is a very subtle hint ;) )

I'm so pleased that you found us and to have you as part of our virtual online flock :)

OP
Wink05

Wink05

Dec 30, 2021
Virginia
Parrots
1 parakeet named Wink
How could I forget! Here is a photo from a couple weeks ago. Wink enjoyed sitting on the driftwood while I set up my bettas new tank
A62769DE-FD08-4574-94A9-BCD420F10302.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh he's delightful! Looks just like my Pete, the budgie I had many years back, he was a very handsome little man too ā¤ļø Happy to have you both here in our community :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A warm welcome to you and Wink, absolutely gorgeous parakeet!! We're all learning, looking forward to sharing for the benefit of our beloved fids!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Wink! A great name! I LOVE PERIWINKLE, it's a words that instantly brings me to the beach, strolling and looking at all the shades of blue.

I hope you offer lots of leafy green lettuces and veggies to your freinds. My budgies love to chow on the fresh stuff.

OP
Wink05

Wink05

Dec 30, 2021
Virginia
Parrots
1 parakeet named Wink
Oh he's delightful! Looks just like my Pete, the budgie I had many years back, he was a very handsome little man too ā¤ļø Happy to have you both here in our community :)
A warm welcome to you and Wink, absolutely gorgeous parakeet!! We're all learning, looking forward to sharing for the benefit of our beloved fids!!
Welcome to you both!
Thank you! I am very excited to be here!
Wink! A great name! I LOVE PERIWINKLE, it's a words that instantly brings me to the beach, strolling and looking at all the shades of blue.

I hope you offer lots of leafy green lettuces and veggies to your freinds. My budgies love to chow on the fresh stuff.
YesšŸ˜ His colors are of course not the most accurately portrayed in the photo. In person, his feathers are a perfect periwinkle color, hence the name. He doesn't seem very interested in the fruits and veggies I have offered him. I have tried kiwi, blueberry, apple, banana, cilantro, parsley, spinach, and kale in various sizes and he simply leaves them to rot...

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome! Periwinkle is gorgeous! I can't wait to get to know you better!
5Bqt.gif

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you! I am very excited to be here!

YesšŸ˜ His colors are of course not the most accurately portrayed in the photo. In person, his feathers are a perfect periwinkle color, hence the name. He doesn't seem very interested in the fruits and veggies I have offered him. I have tried kiwi, blueberry, apple, banana, cilantro, parsley, spinach, and kale in various sizes and he simply leaves them to rot...
Birds often stubborn and resistant to dietary changes! Please consider a "chop challenge:" Prepare two identical bowls of veggies + fruits, offer one to Wink, begin eating from yours. Make "mmmm" sounds, bob your head with delight. Avians are flock eaters, you are one of the group!!

OP
Wink05

Wink05

Dec 30, 2021
Virginia
Parrots
1 parakeet named Wink
Birds often stubborn and resistant to dietary changes! Please consider a "chop challenge:" Prepare two identical bowls of veggies + fruits, offer one to Wink, begin eating from yours. Make "mmmm" sounds, bob your head with delight. Avians are flock eaters, you are one of the group!!
I will try that!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
romaine lettuce is well liked by most, try hanging it or stuff a leaf through the bars, same with broccoli. Thaw some frozen peas abd try mine all love peas. Offer veggies add leafy greens on plates or shallow dishes. Definitely don't give up. Budgies really do relish fresh stuff and its so good for them. Swiss chard, romaine, bell pepper, peas, celery, fresh corn cut from the cob, cucumber are some of my budgies favorites

OP
Wink05

Wink05

Dec 30, 2021
Virginia
Parrots
1 parakeet named Wink
romaine lettuce is well liked by most, try hanging it or stuff a leaf through the bars, same with broccoli. Thaw some frozen peas abd try mine all love peas. Offer veggies add leafy greens on plates or shallow dishes. Definitely don't give up. Budgies really do relish fresh stuff and its so good for them. Swiss chard, romaine, bell pepper, peas, celery, fresh corn cut from the cob, cucumber are some of my budgies favorites
Ok! I will be grabbing a nice variety of things to try next time we are at the grocery store.

Most Reactions

Latest posts