Hello!! I’m a First time Bird mama!

1stTimeBirdMama

Oct 8, 2021
Saskatchewan
Parrots
Two Madagascar Lovebirds
Hello! I’m a first time bird mama, and last night I got two beautiful love birds who have been together since the beginning! They’re both 8 months old, I was wondering if you guys have any useful tips to share with me on anything and everything to do with these guys!

Attachments

• AE2D776A-0AAA-471A-8CCE-9BE913207899.jpeg
    AE2D776A-0AAA-471A-8CCE-9BE913207899.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 77

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Beautiful lovies!
You do realize that lovebird pairs are very difficult to hand tame and create bonds with?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of parrots! As wrench13 said, lovie pairs are difficult to bond with. But here's how: treats, treats, and treats! And a lot of talking in a soothing tone, getting them out of the cage, or maybe clicker training. For the cage, you want a large flight cage with plenty of shredding and foraging toys, natural wood perches, and swings, ladders, and bridges for fun climbing exercise. Diet: an organic pelleted food as your base diet (Harrison's is my top pick, but Top's, Roudybush, and Lafebers are all good-depends on the bird's preference)and vegetable chop, along with seeds as treats for training. Beautiful lovies!

Most Reactions

Latest posts