Hello, I'm new!

Sharonlendon

Mar 22, 2018
Parrots
A female Rosey Bourke, my oldest, then a Pineapple GCC female, and my newest parrot is a Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hello All!

My name is Sharon and I've just joined your forum today. I'm a new mom to a Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo named Simon. I've adopted him, and he's seven years old. He is my first really big parrot. He's wonderful, but a challenge! I'm doing everything I can to keep him happy. Feeding him a healthy diet and also providing a huge King's cage with plenty of toys and things to keep him entertained.

I also have a Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, and a Rosey Bourke parakeet.

It'll be wonderful to learn about how you all handle your various parrots.

Hope you're all having a great day. I'm in Ohio and it's cold but sunny.
Sharon:white1:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! Lots of great reading on this forum to enjoy. Hope you’ll share pictures of your flock :).

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hello, and welcome to the Parrot Forums family!

Yes, cockatoos can be quite challenging. But they can also be among the most loving and all out hilarious birds you'll ever find. Looking forward to learning more about you and Simon, and we'd love to see pics of your big guy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Sharon & welcome! I would also love to see pictures of your flock, and also to hear more about them:)
I'm so happy you joined us!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you, Sharon, and your flock! Quite an array of sizes!!

The forums are a terrific archive, you'll find the search function easy to use. Or just ask!!

Yes, it is Spring but large areas of the nation are frozen!

Most Reactions

Latest posts