Media
Canal Fulton, OH
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon - Bomber
Red-lored Amazon - Tippy
Umbrella Cockatoo - Cocoapuff
Green Cheek Conure - Henry
Hi Everyone,

I recently found your forum as I was researching information on my new flock member (Green Cheek Conure - Henry). I was extremely impressed with the amount of knowledge, helpfulness and kindness shown to other members. So here I am joining the community.

I am part of an original flock of 3 (two Amazons and an Umbrella Cockatoo) for over 20 years. Recently, we have adopted the GCC and I'm trying to make sure he feels comfortable in his new home, has the proper diet, living area and toys to keep him happy and active. The biggest shock for me is getting used to how tiny he is (compared to the others) but he has their big parrot attitude. LOL

I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Kimberly
BombsAway

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome! High praise! Congratulations on your GCC! They do have big birds confidence and do not know how to back down.

Please jump right in snd share your experience in any threads. Its just all of us trying to help each other.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome aboard Kimberly, thanks for the kind compliments and joining!!

GCCs are widely represented by membership, feel free to ask questions as desired!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome to you and your flock! Looking forward to hearing about your crew :). There is an obligation to share some pictures (hint, hint)!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome aboard Kimberly and Flock! Thank you for your kind words, we do like to pride ourselves on being one of the nicest little corners of the interwebz and it sounds like you will fit right in :)

Don't know if you read it in the fine print but we do kinda require, nay demand, pictures around here!

http://www.parrotforums.com/technical-support/6287-how-post-pictures.html

Thanks again for joining, please make yourself at home!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Well, I'm fairly certain that all the neighbors know when your flock are up in the morning. And, Henry will be adding to the ruckus!

OP
BombsAway

BombsAway

Feb 4, 2021
Media
Canal Fulton, OH
Parrots
Red-lored Amazon - Tippy
Thank you very much, and I admired your flock as well. I don't tell the other parrots but Bomber is my favorite! LOL

I also checked out a lot of your training and info tips - thanks for the info!

OP
BombsAway

BombsAway

Feb 4, 2021
Media
Canal Fulton, OH
Parrots
Red-lored Amazon - Tippy
Most of the flock is quiet in the morning, just talking quietly, whistling, or chattering. But the evening that's when it is LOUD, Bomber talks up a storm and then Cocoapuff (Cockatoo) lets her lungs loose while Tippy barks at her. That's the one the neighbors hear even in the dead of winter. LOL

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Most of the flock is quiet in the morning, just talking quietly, whistling, or chattering. But the evening that's when it is LOUD, Bomber talks up a storm and then Cocoapuff (Cockatoo) lets her lungs loose while Tippy barks at her. That's the one the neighbors hear even in the dead of winter. LOL

LOL. My two are loudest in the evening as well. It gets even louder as they compete in volume during their repertoires and we join in. :D. A belated welcome Kimberly and flock.

Most Reactions