Hello :)

Babylaurel

Jul 18, 2018
Oklahoma City, Ok
Parrots
Pippin, blue and gold macaw
I’m laurel, and my husband and I adopted a b&g macaw about a month ago (6/2018). She is about three, is a sweet baby angel, and we renamed her Pippin.
This is our first bird and we have had so much fun planning for her and now getting to know her. :blue1::blue1::blue1::blue1::blue1:

We have two Great Danes, a weenie mix, and a 90 gallon salt water tank right now. We will almost definitely get another cat in the future... so what I’m saying is we like animals. It’s safe to say we hail from the “pets are people too” world view. So now when we tell people about our menagerie they invariably feel compelled to let us know Great Danes don’t live very long or that we will probably die before the delightful Ms. Pippin. So it’s cool we’ve got our animal lifespan bases covered and given strangers a couple of entry points to talk to us about mortality (it’s just such a strange response people have).

I am a clinical research RN and specialize in clinical trials for digestive diseases such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s, or diverticulitis. So all that bird poop isn’t really a problem for me. My husband does web design. We are both so excited to take care of this strange little waddling creature. We’re doing our best to make her happy and healthy.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Hello Laurel
(I love the name you chose for your bird)

Welcome :)
(I've only been here a short while, but good people and vast amounts of knowledge)

Enjoy!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!

You've found the best birdie-site online!

We look forward to sharing your journey with your new "waddler". Love that!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Laurel and Pippin, glad you've joined!!

I have had many Danes over the years and without exception they have meshed well with my birds. One can never totally trust, but they are truly gentle giants. Had one live to a documented 11 years, another 10.5. Sadly, by 8 or 9 they are seniors with a propensity for various health issues.

ChrisYNA

Jul 3, 2018
NJ, USA
Parrots
A Yellow-Naped Amazon girl, named Kuba
Thanks! Kuba is pretty freaking cute ��

Thanks. She's obnoxious today. She's been stuck at home for a few days with the horrible heat and rainstorms. It's better today, so I'm taking her to the park.

And... she's fighting my VTech phone right now. She likes the flashing lights, the soft rubber buttons, and the beep beep beep. I guess I'll pick up a new phone on the way back (antenna is missing now). LOL Now the "operator" is telling her to check the number and dial again, which is making her go more crazy. This is war, bird vs phone.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Welcome Babylaurel and Pippin!! What a beauty! Congratulations on the new addition to the family. How exciting!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of interesting information, good advice, and friendly fellow Parronts here.

Most Reactions