Help for cage setup

zana

Sep 14, 2020
Hi. I bought new cage for my bite machine (Rambo) and some toys, perches. Can you check my photos and help with setup - perches and toys position? Are they too high, too low? More toys? First time trying to setup his new cage (ferplast piano 6 - 87x70x47).

edit: I removed all plastic perches, dishes and I'm using cardboard to cover all FOUR holes for disches (temporary, until find better solution haha)
Fuck ferplast with their platic shits.
Photos:

SF13s6r.jpg

mmw0zVl.jpg

mmw0zVl.jpg

jZGC80Z.jpg

AmakHDh.jpg

b2UQTcz.jpg

All perches and toys:
kerbl toy 1
kerbl toy 2
nobby star
ferplast toy
nobby coconut
ferplast rope perch
ferplast rope perch 2
nobby sisal rope
two natural perches
two ergonomic perches

Last edited:
OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
Yes haha. I think to find some wooden 14x10cm pieces and block permanently all holes.
edit: for now he not touch the cardboard...matter of time to find out that cardboard is delicious
edit 2: I rearanged his cage 4-5 times already, but he preffer to stay in one corner and chew just one toy nobby star and don't give a **** about all other toys.

Last edited:

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
What a lovely set up!!!

Don't worry, the bird will start exploring the other toys as well. Just rearrange them from time to time. My birds always ignored a toy for months then when I moved it elsewhere it suddenly became the most interesting thing ever.

Word of advice - just make sure the food and especially the water bowl is somewhere higher where the bird will not poop in, meaning not directly under a prech. I personally separate the water and food on the opposite sides so less food actually ends up in the water. So far I'm loving it!!! (And I am VERY nitpicky about the cages and the set up)

Just for the covered holes you might want to put something sturdy, the birdie will eventually find that it's shredable :D

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Looks nice. My only suggestion is not to cover the top of cage. Burds like light, and that can make things too dark.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I would remove the automatic waterer and replace it with a stainless steel bowl like the food bowl; they can harbor bacteria if they're not cleaned well enough or if for some reason they become blocked it could be bad. ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts