help me brainstorm

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
So, I'm wrapping up my courses to become a certified (dog) trainer and I want to maybe start my own business. I am having a hard time coming up with a name though! I've been thinking for months and I have just come up with NOTHING. This is what I've got so far for a rough logo. Just using "Anna's Dog Training" as a placeholder. I made the little dog graphic myself and I am pretty happy with how it came out.
Preview.png

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Well i think everything is perfect the name logo its all really nice honestly i love it its really nice i swear i am saying the truth (i am not just being nice) i really like it.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
So, I'm wrapping up my courses to become a certified (dog) trainer and I want to maybe start my own business. I am having a hard time coming up with a name though! I've been thinking for months and I have just come up with NOTHING. This is what I've got so far for a rough logo. Just using "Anna's Dog Training" as a placeholder. I made the little dog graphic myself and I am pretty happy with how it came out.
Preview.png
How about...
"Best behaving dogs"? Or you can keep it as is.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Assuming that you plan to run an above boards business. That being true, you should consult with an Attorney in your State that specializes in providing documents require to file a business name and all the documents required. That Attorney will also show you where to look for the names of Businesses registered in your State so that you are not using a name already selected or very near the same. As part of all that paper you will receive a Registered Number that will identify your business and also is required for your Business Taxes., local, state and national. As part of the document set development, you will also need to define what type of business you will be, i.e. what Tax structure you select. The Name of Your Business is the easy part!!

Tons more, but at least you know where you really need to start!!
FYI, most States will allow to you use a "DBA" classification as you complete the paperwork! DBA: Doing Business As.

If the group that is or has trained you did not speak about this subject, you should question what else they elected not to cover.

Oh, one more thing: Insurance!!

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Assuming that you plan to run an above boards business. That being true, you should consult with an Attorney in your State that specializes in providing documents require to file a business name and all the documents required. That Attorney will also show you where to look for the names of Businesses registered in your State so that you are not using a name already selected or very near the same. As part of all that paper you will receive a Registered Number that will identify your business and also is required for your Business Taxes., local, state and national. As part of the document set development, you will also need to define what type of business you will be, i.e. what Tax structure you select. The Name of Your Business is the easy part!!

Tons more, but at least you know where you really need to start!!
FYI, most States will allow to you use a "DBA" classification as you complete the paperwork! DBA: Doing Business As.

If the group that is or has trained you did not speak about this subject, you should question what else they elected not to cover.

Oh, one more thing: Insurance!!

yeah the courses I'm taking also cover the business aspect of things so I have a tons of notes tucked away about becoming an LLC, getting insurance, documentation, contracts, business fees, etc etc. it's all very overwhelming xd

thank you all for all the suggestions!! im definitely taking them into consideration

Most Reactions