Help please

ramisharif

Jan 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am a little concerned about one of my budgies "Jerry"

I am not sure if this is normal or is it due to a fight with his buddy, they dont really fight so not sure why his eyes lost hair around then and above the nose. attaching photos before and after, the before was just a few weeks ago and this after just started a few days ago

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 63

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
There is a slight possibility he could be molting has he been dropping feathers recently?

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Kay..... then Does he share a cage with another female/male Budgie?

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
Have you tried separating them when they sleep for a couple nights just to see if it is progressively getting worse because if it does it could be French molt Which is highly common in budgies. And if it does get worse, I would take him to your vet because French molt isn't something to be taken lightly. It could also be like some sort of fungal infection or mites.

Last edited:
OP
R

ramisharif

Jan 16, 2021
Have you tried separating them when they sleep for a couple nights just to see if it is progressively getting worse because if it does it could be French molt Which is highly common in budgies. And if it does get worse, I would take him to your vet because French molt isn't something to be taken lightly. It could also be like some sort of fungal infection or mites.
no way to separate them, I tried a few times and they both go nuts

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
Well good luck with this I have shared all of the information I have I hope you find someone more knowledgeable then me. :)

OP
R

ramisharif

Jan 16, 2021
Last edited:
OP
R

ramisharif

Jan 16, 2021
I also found a thread on another site with the same issue, I am trying to see what happened after. I sent a vet an email on friday to get an appointment, the closest Bird vet is 2 hours away so....

Most Reactions