Minor_Arcana

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2018
Media
Iowa
Parrots
Lexa - 4 year old ā€˜tiel
Zephyr - 2 year old quaker
Iā€™ve ready scheduled a vet appointment but Iā€™m posting here because honestly, Iā€™m scared.

I noticed last night that Lexaā€™s left wing is hanging significantly lower than her right wing. I have no idea why. She is still flying around like normal, although her ā€˜normalā€™ is less than average in my opinion. She doesnā€™t fly much, to be honest. But during our flight training, sheā€™s flying pretty much as usual. Maybe a little less confident?

The weirdest thing is that she doesnā€™t seem to be in any discomfort at all. She allows me to touch the wing an inspect it with no problems.

Iā€™m concerned though because she got one of her wings stuck in the bars of her cage a few months ago during a night fright, and Iā€™m thinking it mightā€™ve possibly hurt her. At the time, she was still flying fine just after and didnā€™t seem to be in any pain so I didnā€™t think anything of it. I didnā€™t notice any irregularities with her wing until last night. I feel absolutely horrible. Have any of you had an issue like this???

Attachments

• 49C793BC-5A2E-442B-8C2D-B73D22950546.jpeg
    49C793BC-5A2E-442B-8C2D-B73D22950546.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 65
OP
Minor_Arcana

Minor_Arcana

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2018
Media
Iowa
Parrots
Lexa - 4 year old ā€˜tiel
Zephyr - 2 year old quaker
UPDATE:

She just tried to fly to my shoulder but couldnā€™t get much higher than my hip. Iā€™m really worried now.

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I do not have experience in this but I would restrict her activity incase she injured her wing

Most Reactions