Help: Senegal has Brown spots on beak

MilkChocolateMango

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Senegal Parrot
Hey everyone,

This is the first time I'm posting here. First time poster and first time parrot owner.

My Senegal has peeling brown spots on its beak along with a brown spot on the front-middle of its beak. What could the problem be?

I'm not sure if I should bring him (or her?) to the vet. I've only had him for 4 months and he is 6 months old.

I've attached photos, any advice, prior experience, and/or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Best,

MilkChocolateMango

Also, what is a 'Trackback'? And 'Poll Option'?

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,707
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,216
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 764

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Welcome to the forum! The brown area on the front of the beak is a wear mark caused by rubbing the beak either on the bars or a favorite perch. The peeling on the one side is a bit excessive for such a young bird but not impossible. I recommend an avian vet check to make sure liver levels are normal.

Beako_N_Kiwi

Mar 28, 2012
California
Parrots
Our Rescues:

Beako - age 22- Yellow Crowned Amazon

Kiwi - age 9 - Yellow Naped Amazon

Paco - age 28 - Yellow Naped/Yellow Crowned
He is very cute! I'm not too experienced, but maybe it's caused by a particular vitamin deficiency? I'd call the vet and see what they think. You'll probably need to go in! Good luck.

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
Hey welcome i am also a first time parrot owner and im always worring that something is going to happen to my bobby if your worried about your little senegal take it to see a vet but as stated above it is normally caused by the bird rubbing his or her beak against the cage or there pearch but if you just want to make sure your bird is fine thake it to a vet for a check up hope this helps

Most Reactions

Latest posts