Help.

devinp

Apr 9, 2024
What are these. They came after his first molt and havenā€™t gone away. Iā€™ve changed foods, environment everything thinking maybe it was diet. I canā€™t seem to find anything on line. He acts and eats normally

Attachments

• 73439067464__76F14AF4-988E-4387-9A8F-52D17A40768C.MOV
    2.2 MB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 5

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
What are these. They came after his first molt and havenā€™t gone away. Iā€™ve changed foods, environment everything thinking maybe it was diet. I canā€™t seem to find anything on line. He acts and eats normally

They're "pin" feathers, new feathers growing in that are still encased in a keratin sheath. You should be able to help him shed them by gently squeezing them with your fingertips to help them break away - depending on our tame your little one is because they can be very sensitive!

Welcome to the forums, your baby is adorable šŸ˜ What's his name btw?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
At first I didn't know what you were talking about then I read the post from LaManuka. I can confirm what she said, their pin feathers, totally normal, they'll go away

Most Reactions