Help!!

Bird-Dude_1000

Nov 20, 2009
Hey Guys... I'm New :D

But i really need help.
My dad loves birds but he hates then caged so he wont let me have one!!
So i need a list of things i can tell him to convince him to let me get one.
'cuz theres one at the shop that really adorable.:green2:

Thanks....

Bird-Dude :green2::white1::grey::rainbow1:

Last edited:

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hi BD - welcome to the forum! Your dad has a good point, I think he doesnt hate the cage but maybe hates that birds get left there and not given attention. Firstly, are you still in school? The reason Im asking is because what will happen to the parrot when you go to University one day? Are you willing to care for the parrot yourself and save money to pay for caring for it? If you look through the threads on the forum you will be able to learn alot about parrots and caring for them. They can live up to 70 years depending on the species. They are amazing animals and are part of your family. They show love and kindness - the only catch is that its your love, care and attention that will decide whether your parrot is a happy bird. Are you prepared to put alot of your free time into spending time with your "friend"? What kind of parrot have you seen in the petshop?

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome BD to the forum ......
Ecclipe has lay it out well, caring for the bird, a lot of time must be put aside etc.
Reading thru threads, getting so much info will give you an insight of adding a member to your family (much like a baby) to your life.
YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.
Good luck
Take care

Most Reactions