Help

Amanda1978

Oct 9, 2021
Parrots
Alexandrine
Hi my partner has an 15mth male alexandrine. He is buying me my own alex in few weeks for Xmas. Weren't live together but he stays every weekend and brings cheeko his male Alex to stay every weekend with us. We have a cage set-up for him in loungeroom. I'm tossing up between male and female to get. I'm asking for advice as which way would be better to go. They will both have own cages. And we don't want to breed them. Not sure what sex would be better to get along with his beautiful placed Alex. Any help and advice would be welcome please

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There is never an assurance that the Parrots will get along what so ever. The sex of the Parrots will either help or hinder whether they will get along, there are no assurances.

Why are you adding a Parrot? If you truly want a Parrot why not get a Parrot that choses you, which could be a totally different species.

What happens when the other Parrot goes home for the week? Or comes to stay for extended time.

IMHO, better to not add a Parrot at this time.

OP
A

Amanda1978

Oct 9, 2021
Parrots
Alexandrine
There is never an assurance that the Parrots will get along what so ever. The sex of the Parrots will either help or hinder whether they will get along, there are no assurances.

Why are you adding a Parrot? If you truly want a Parrot why not get a Parrot that choses you, which could be a totally different species.

What happens when the other Parrot goes home for the week? Or comes to stay for extended time.

IMHO, better to not add a Parrot at this time.
Im wanting to add a parrot. As I lost my rainbow lorikett about 6 mths ago that I had for 7.5yrs. And my 3 ducks that I've had for yrs aswell. I'm a bird person who loves to feed the wild birds everyday. But a piece of me is missing with not having a bird to spoil. That is my partners bird not mine. Hence why I need another bird. But the breeder I'm looking at has a few. So most definitely will let the Alex choose me. Ty so much for your advice it has helped alot

Most Reactions

Latest posts