Help!!

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Hey guys been awhile kind of in a BIT of a Jam You all remember Indi The bird i got this last Jan he's a budgie i love him to bits WELL he had the smart idea of following me out my fricken door and ended up in the bathroom he wont come down he wont take any treats any scritches he's hit ever damn wall door and window in here AND the floor he finally landed on the light and he's been sitting there for 3 hours what do i doooo he wont come down at all and he wont let me grab him gently at all im getting kind of nervous here i have NO clue how to get him out usually he loves me and he did obvi bc he wanted to follow me out of my room i made a stupid mistake and i couldn't get the door closed fast enough what should i do to get him back in my room i. am. panicking. and neither of my parents are home and my sister would do more hurt then help so im turning to yall bc im out of idea's at this point.

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
If you can move his cage into the bathroom. Leave the door to the cage open. Leave the lights on and step away for a while. He may see the safety of home "his cage" and put himself away.

When I had budgies, I always waited for them to put themselves away instead if trying to catch them and make things worse.

OP
Birdgirl24

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
If you can move his cage into the bathroom. Leave the door to the cage open. Leave the lights on and step away for a while. He may see the safety of home "his cage" and put himself away.

When I had budgies, I always waited for them to put themselves away instead if trying to catch them and make things worse.
Yep i always let mine put themselves away too kinda dont think i should turn on the lights considering he's sitting ontop of the light rn i tried to turn it on but he got all squinty like he couldent see so i turned it back off- also i can get his cage in here so bc he's cage is a bit to big

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Lower the light level as much as you can, birds dont see well in the dark. Get a chair or step ladder and reach up and grab him gently. The fact its dark in there will let you get close to him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts