HELP

Kirstyt223

Jan 10, 2021
Hi all, I have a female ringneck when she comes out of her cage she is absolutely fine with me she sits on me let’s me kiss her
Per her but anyone else in the room she will fly at and bite them quite hard sometimes even draws blood, If I am not in the room she will Just constantly fly at everyone. Also she has became obsessed with anything mirror like and just pins and try’s attacking the ‘other parrot’ any one got any tips on how to stop this!?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
It could be hormones as well. It sounds like she has really bonded to you, and is possibly trying to protect you by attacking anyone who comes in.

Do the people she attacks live with you or are they just visiting?

OP
K

Kirstyt223

Jan 10, 2021
It could be hormones as well. It sounds like she has really bonded to you, and is possibly trying to protect you by attacking anyone who comes in.

Do the people she attacks live with you or are they just visiting?
Yes even people who live with me. If someone comes over to even sit next to me she will fly in there face and scream at them until they move 🥺 she never used to be like it I wondered if it was anything to do with the mirrors she’s also overly obsessed with?

OP
K

Kirstyt223

Jan 10, 2021
Sounds like a combination of the Parrot's claiming you and some territorial issues.
I am wondering if it was territorial as she’s obsessed with anything with a reflection as she never used to be like this until she discovered her reflection 😭

Most Reactions