Henry & Tinkerbell

clawnz

Banned
Banned
Jun 11, 2010
Media
I put these two in the same thread, as I got them from the same aviary together. I could not take just Henry and leave Tinkerbell.
I got them September 2009 after the lose of Tweety.
I had been looking to get another Tiel to keep Tweety company. And had seen these two, but passed them up.
When Tweety flew away I could not stand the empty house and guilt.
So it was only a couple of weeks and I went and looked at these two.
They were unnamed. And seemed to be very jittery when we approached the aviary. I thought Henry a real looker and wanted him.
Tinkerbell was so much like Tweety it was stunning. Add to that the fact that Tinkerbell was in an aviary less than a km down the same road from where I Tweety a year before!
They were on Budget Budgie Seed as there total diet.

So Tinkerbell: She is a worry, I know she came from an aviary, but does not account for the fact she has been here 10mths and she is still on edge, she still freaks out some times when I move. It has been very hard work and only now will she come with-in 2mts of me, then if I move she is gone.
She was not in great condition.
Of all the Fids I come into contact with she is the one I am still struggling to communicate with.
I feel whatever went down prior to me owning them was not good. And has left her a nervous wreck.
I do know mum and dad had told the young owner to close down the aviary and think he may have hassled the Tiels.
Henry was a bit better. he did have mites and gram stain showed he was not to good, not sick, just out of condition.
What I do know from what I was told.
He was an escapee, he was meant to be hand tame (back in his past). He was caught when he turned up at a place with birds, this person then sold him to the person I bought him from.
As soon as I got him I put up an add, but have no idea of how long he had been away from his correct home.
Henry is at a stage where he is now starting to trust me.He will come to be near me. we can get very close and he has nibbled my nose. I can not show him a empty hand, he cowers down and if I push it he will fly away.
He does talk and can whistle. Tinkerbell is boned to him and is like a shadow to him. If anything happened to him I do not know how she would cope.
He has hurt himself falling off the Play Gym. (At least that is what I feel happened) Twice.
Again due whatever went down he is a total wimp and has no confidence.

As most will know I do not cage my birds and work with them when they want to. They are free to come and go, so it takes a lot longer to bring them back from a bad upbringing.
But at least they are now in top condition.

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_0169-1.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
They are beautiful and look in excellent condition so you must be doing something right. All birds take a very long time to trust after a previous bad experience, I have heard of a parrot taking 10 yrs (they have very long memories) so never give up and keep doing what you are doing!

Most Reactions

Latest posts