Here’s my intro!

CrowSalad58

Apr 18, 2023
UK
Parrots
Cockatiel - Smoke
Hello everybody!! I’m really excited to be here, so I thought I'd tell you guys about myself. Id also love to hear about you, so please introduce yourself :)
My name is Tammy, and I’m a non-binary teen (they/them).

I LOVE animals, and that’s pretty much why I’m here. I currently have 3 horses (Blue, Sunflower, and Oz), 4 hens (Willa, Lilith, Roxanne, and Samantha), a dog (Benjamin) and 11 Jacob sheep (Hazel, Sox, Valentine, Sprout, Bartholomew, Poppy, Finn, Persimmon, Possum, Callie, and Oliver), who will probably get their own thread.

But most important, I have a cockatiel named Smoke! She’s about 2 and I’ve had her a little over a year. She’s currently my only parrot, though I used to have a budgie named Blackberry, who was basically my BFF for 6 years until he passed a few months ago. I've been thinking of getting another budgie for a while now, but my hands are pretty full with Smoke and the other animals.

My second major interest is music!! I’m a decent singer, and I play piano, piccolo, cello, ukulele, and I am learning violin. I’ve been wanting a career in music since I was about 4 years old.

Some other fun facts about me:
I am homeschooled
I have 3 siblings (one older, one younger, and one twin!)
My dream parrot species is a harlequin macaw and a golden conure
I spend most of my time with all my various animals, and the rest of it doing schoolwork or making music.

So yeah, that's basically who I am! Anyway I'm thrilled to be on this awesome forum. Everybody seems so nice, and I can't wait to meet you all!! (and if any mods are reading this, I'm sorry about the IP-related confusion).

Smoke on the day I got her (that's why her cage looks bad, it's a travel carrier)
Screenshot 2023-04-22 6.26.26 PM.png

Benjamin:
Screenshot 2023-04-21 8.00.28 PM.png

Blue:
Screenshot 2023-04-21 8.10.34 PM.png

Blackberry (please ignore the dowel perch, this was taken a few years ago and now I know the risks of dowles):
Screenshot 2023-04-21 8.18.43 PM.png

Oliver (taken last Winter):
Screenshot 2023-04-21 8.39.41 PM.png

Callie, (front) with Hazel:
Screenshot 2023-04-21 8.41.32 PM.png

Phew, that took forever to type xD. I can FINALLY go to bed now! (It's past midnight by the time I'm posting this)

TL;DR: My name is Tammy and I'm addicted to animals lol

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-21 7.38.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 7.38.26 PM.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 26

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hello everybody!! I’m really excited to be here, so I thought I'd tell you guys about myself. Id also love to hear about you, so please introduce yourself :)
My name is Tammy, and I’m a non-binary teen (they/them).

I LOVE animals, and that’s pretty much why I’m here. I currently have 3 horses (Blue, Sunflower, and Oz), 4 hens (Willa, Lilith, Roxanne, and Samantha), a dog (Benjamin) and 11 Jacob sheep (Hazel, Sox, Valentine, Sprout, Bartholomew, Poppy, Finn, Persimmon, Possum, Callie, and Oliver), who will probably get their own thread.

But most important, I have a cockatiel named Smoke! She’s about 2 and I’ve had her a little over a year. She’s currently my only parrot, though I used to have a budgie named Blackberry, who was basically my BFF for 6 years until he passed a few months ago. I've been thinking of getting another budgie for a while now, but my hands are pretty full with Smoke and the other animals.

My second major interest is music!! I’m a decent singer, and I play piano, piccolo, cello, ukulele, and I am learning violin. I’ve been wanting a career in music since I was about 4 years old.

Some other fun facts about me:
I am homeschooled
I have 3 siblings (one older, one younger, and one twin!)
My dream parrot species is a harlequin macaw and a golden conure
I spend most of my time with all my various animals, and the rest of it doing schoolwork or making music.

So yeah, that's basically who I am! Anyway I'm thrilled to be on this awesome forum. Everybody seems so nice, and I can't wait to meet you all!! (and if any mods are reading this, I'm sorry about the IP-related confusion).

Smoke on the day I got her (that's why her cage looks bad, it's a travel carrier)
View attachment 49555
Benjamin:
View attachment 49534
Blue:
View attachment 49536
Blackberry (please ignore the dowel perch, this was taken a few years ago and now I know the risks of dowles):
View attachment 49537
Oliver (taken last Winter):
View attachment 49538
Callie, (front) with Hazel:
View attachment 49539

Phew, that took forever to type xD. I can FINALLY go to bed now! (It's past midnight by the time I'm posting this)

TL;DR: My name is Tammy and I'm addicted to animals lol
Welcome Tammy! I'm Donna, an older woman, but I remember my teens like they were yesterday. I've had a cockatiel and a cockatoo in the past, but currently have eight budgies including Rocky, a little girl I hand raised from an egg several months ago. Unfortunately I have very bad allergies so I have no other critters. 🙁 But it looks like you have more than your share of wonderful animal companions (do you live on a farm?) including Smoke, the female cockatiel. I'm sure you will enjoy these forums. We have lots of young members and welcome their eager participation in the forum discussions.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome!
Smoke is so cute! (Also I'm so sorry about Blackberry)

I literally LOVE Jacob sheep. Please say hello to all 11 of them for me :)

OP
CrowSalad58

CrowSalad58

Apr 18, 2023
UK
Parrots
Cockatiel - Smoke
Welcome Tammy! I'm Donna, an older woman, but I remember my teens like they were yesterday. I've had a cockatiel and a cockatoo in the past, but currently have eight budgies including Rocky, a little girl I hand raised from an egg several months ago. Unfortunately I have very bad allergies so I have no other critters. 🙁 But it looks like you have more than your share of wonderful animal companions (do you live on a farm?) including Smoke, the female cockatiel. I'm sure you will enjoy these forums. We have lots of young members and welcome their eager participation in the forum discussions.
Hi Donna and thanks so much for the welcome!
Welcome!
Smoke is so cute! (Also I'm so sorry about Blackberry)

I literally LOVE Jacob sheep. Please say hello to all 11 of them for me :)
I can definitely do that :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts