Hes so possessive over fries!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
He made his way over to the fries and would not let me any where near them !

Angry fluffed , lunging , hissing! I have never heard him hiss before. He was an angry ball of feathers each time i went near my fries.

So .i had to grab him. I took a hard bite (probably deserved for grabbing him,but he was lunging at my hand when asking him to step up )and caged him.

Note to self . Make sure feathered monster is cage when ordering take out.

Hes since forgiven me when I offered him bed time cuddles . He immediately pressed himself against my neck and made little purring noises and little kisses .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-231633_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221119-231633_Messenger.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 39
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Can you blame him? Fries are delicious. Mmm. Now I want fries!
No , i cant blame him as these were fresh ones so they were extra crispy . I do order them with out salt so he can have one as a treat , but nope, he did t want just 1 he wanted the while box

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I tried to eat my supper in front of Willow, thinking he had his treats, but those treats weren’t NEARLY as interesting as my dinner. I had to fight Willow for my dinner! He has some bad table manners. Besides that he bites if you take the food he wants away from him.

I am always amazed at how much Willow can pack away when he really wants to. His crop actually bulges!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I tried to eat my supper in front of Willow, thinking he had his treats, but those treats weren’t NEARLY as interesting as my dinner. I had to fight Willow for my dinner! He has some bad table manners. Besides that he bites if you take the food he wants away from him.

I am always amazed at how much Willow can pack away when he really wants to. His crop actually bulges!
Thats Albie to a T hahah

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
FWIW, french fries are NOT good for any parrot. An occasional bite or two, but more is to be avoided.

Also FWIW, parrots can decide that a whole lot of something belongs to them exclusively. I was cleaning up my silver rings, pendants and bracelets one time (pirates have a LOT of that!) with all of them a pile on my bed. Salty decided to play King of the Hill, perched on top of the pile and would not let anyone remove so much as a silver coin. Violently.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
FWIW, french fries are NOT good for any parrot. An occasional bite or two, but more is to be avoided.

Also FWIW, parrots can decide that a whole lot of something belongs to them exclusively. I was cleaning up my silver rings, pendants and bracelets one time (pirates have a LOT of that!) with all of them a pile on my bed. Salty decided to play King of the Hill, perched on top of the pile and would not let anyone remove so much as a silver coin. Violently.
We dont have fries that often , but last night he decided they were all his .

I can absolutely picture Salty guarding his pile of shiney treasures! And its probably a lot more violent than albies violence over fries

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I’ve learned not to eat popcorn in the bird room, as I have no idea how to pop the loose kernels and buy the pre-bagged microwave packs, and they’ve got all sorts of bad for birds nonsense on them - and Kirby does not care! He sees or smells it and he starts doing a launch countdown for the bowl!

I am…really going to have to learn how to just make popcorn from scratch. But I need to know how to get the sweet kettle corn flavor for me; I’ll set aside some for the birds that isn’t flavored I swear!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020

I’ve learned not to eat popcorn in the bird room, as I have no idea how to pop the loose kernels and buy the pre-bagged microwave packs, and they’ve got all sorts of bad for birds nonsense on them - and Kirby does not care! He sees or smells it and he starts doing a launch countdown for the bowl!

I am…really going to have to learn how to just make popcorn from scratch. But I need to know how to get the sweet kettle corn flavor for me; I’ll set aside some for the birds that isn’t flavored I swear!!
you put a bit of sugar in with the popcorn, either while it’s popping or afterwards. You can find recipes online; it looked pretty easy when I read how.

lgallagher

Oct 16, 2022
Media
Parrots
Conure: Edward Van Halen (Hatched 03.2022)
He made his way over to the fries and would not let me any where near them !

Angry fluffed , lunging , hissing! I have never heard him hiss before. He was an angry ball of feathers each time i went near my fries.

So .i had to grab him. I took a hard bite (probably deserved for grabbing him,but he was lunging at my hand when asking him to step up )and caged him.

Note to self . Make sure feathered monster is cage when ordering take out.

Hes since forgiven me when I offered him bed time cuddles . He immediately pressed himself against my neck and made little purring noises and little kisses .
Oh my gosh that so funny!!!

Most Reactions