Hi everyone! I’m new here! 😃

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Green checked conure, pineapple variation.
Hello everyone! I’m very happy to be here! My name is Mango and I’m almost 6 months old. I’m a very messy eater as I look for seeds that might be hidden somewhere between all this quinoa and other veggies that I don’t like (quinoa is delicious tho 🦜). I arrived to my forever home this past Monday but I feel I’ve been living here since I hatched, I like everyone! Mommy is a new bird owner and still figuring out stuff so any tips would help 😉.

Attachments

• 4F6AC55F-267B-4CA6-811A-CAEADA2A4F63.jpeg
    4F6AC55F-267B-4CA6-811A-CAEADA2A4F63.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 37
  • D9501B75-8D77-4E34-BDD6-F3629B30A205.jpeg
    D9501B75-8D77-4E34-BDD6-F3629B30A205.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 46

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Hi, a big welcome to you both ! Ask away about any questions you have about looking after your human , im sure albie will be more than happy to give you pointers on human care.

OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Quinoa IS seeds! High protein seeds.
You’re right!! 😅
I was referring to those other bird seed they sell. I bought the Sunburst Gourmet Blend the first day but after some research I found out they are not so good and Mango only wants to eat those 🤷🏼‍♀️. Tried a few things, and cocked quinoa (which was recommended elsewhere) is her favorite so far. I mix a very small amount with the quinoa, and other veggies like carrots, broccoli, alfalfa sprouts, etc. daily and Mango makes a huge mess looking for just those packaged ones…
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 31
OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Hi, a big welcome to you both ! Ask away about any questions you have about looking after your human , im sure albie will be more than happy to give you pointers on human care.
Thank you!!
I was wondering, maybe you know some bath tips, my human has tried a few ways but I’m not sure how is it done. Maybe I need to see her do it first 😂🦜.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm glad you found us. This is THE best place for support, education and fun!

9lhIlM0.jpg
If we ever fail to answer a query, please feel free to send us a private conversation!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Thank you!!
I was wondering, maybe you know some bath tips, my human has tried a few ways but I’m not sure how is it done. Maybe I need to see her do it first 😂🦜.
Albie likes to bath a couple of ways .

He has a cat fountain (a white one with a spout ) thay he enjoys , he likes a wide shallow pie dish , and to have a running tap with my hands held under it. He likes his water to be ice cold . Im sure ive posted a couple of videos of him if you scroll through my post history.

He also likes to bathe in birdie soup too . Gross bird .

• Care
Reactions: DD!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Welcome to you both!
Keep an eye on that cage! As Mango gets more adventurous, he will be a quick study on opening those doors!

• Wow
OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Ohhhh!!! Thank you for the advice!!!!

OP
DD!

DD!

Sep 15, 2022
Parrots
Albie likes to bath a couple of ways .

He has a cat fountain (a white one with a spout ) thay he enjoys , he likes a wide shallow pie dish , and to have a running tap with my hands held under it. He likes his water to be ice cold . Im sure ive posted a couple of videos of him if you scroll through my post history.

He also likes to bathe in birdie soup too . Gross bird .
I just saw your posts about the baths 😃 😍 Albie is just too funny 😂😍
So far I have tried the dish, the trickle water, the spray/mist water bottle, different water temperatures… so far no success. However, whenever I go to the sink and it’s nearby starts getting all fluffy and shaking, comes to me and while holding from my shirt reaches for the water but only kinda like tastes it and shakes while climbing away and repeat 😂 several times 🤣.
I just ordered the cat water fountain, let’s see if that one works.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I need to get a cat fountain; I think Willow would really like that! It sounds like the perfect bird bath.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Alb
I need to get a cat fountain; I think Willow would really like that! It sounds like the perfect bird bath.
Albie loves his ! He shouts at me if its not turned on haha

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Does it plug in or is it battery-operated? And where do you keep it that he has access to it all the time?
Its plugged in (not all the time , only when he shows interst in bathing) and i keep it on my fire place

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Huh. Maybe I can put a request for one on freecycle and disinfect it. Percolating with vinegar should kill any cat germs I think. Or I can see how much they are online.

The dish would have to sit next to Willow’s cage or he will be scared of it! He is quite timid.

Most Reactions

Latest posts