Hi from Rozie, Dan and Bibi!

Dan&Rozie

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus- Bibi
Hi everyone!

We are parents to our beautiful 10 y/o Solomon Island Eclectus who we just adopted 6 months ago. Bibi is the best and the biggest sweetheart. She goes to work with Dan every day and hangs out in his store where customers, friends and even the neighboring florist visits her and brings her roses to destroy.
We’re still pretty new to the ins and outs of parrot life but we love having Bibi as an addition to the pack. We’re looking forward to learning more about her breed as a part of this community!
EB5DCECE-68D2-460C-A336-B5CDF9C9E142.jpeg
7DBB65F5-240C-4B7E-9D19-3F51350DB09B.jpeg

Rozie and Dan

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome Dan&Rozie and beautiful Bibi!! What a stunning girl she is! :love:

We have a very active community of Ekkie lovers here who will be only to happy to welcome you all and share. Thank you for joining our international, virtual flock, I'm so pleased to have you aboard!

Oct 26, 2021
Parrots
I have been the only Mommy of my 30 year old Shamrock Macaw named Kelly.
Hi everyone!

We are parents to our beautiful 10 y/o Solomon Island Eclectus who we just adopted 6 months ago. Bibi is the best and the biggest sweetheart. She goes to work with Dan every day and hangs out in his store where customers, friends and even the neighboring florist visits her and brings her roses to destroy.
We’re still pretty new to the ins and outs of parrot life but we love having Bibi as an addition to the pack. We’re looking forward to learning more about her breed as a part of this community!View attachment 31577View attachment 31578

Rozie and Dan
That is the rarest red ever! She’s such a doll! I don’t know how any buddy could surrender her‼️ How are you live and who else is in your pack❓

BirdAddictK

Sep 26, 2021
Oh my gosh!! Though I don't know anything about ekkies, I can very much say that i love them! Especially the females, because of that dashing, dashing, stunning, stunning red! She is just gorgeous! The only thing I do know, and that I hope you know, is that they have super specific dietary needs.
LLove you Bibi,
keep us updated.

OP
Dan&Rozie

Dan&Rozie

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
That is the rarest red ever! She’s such a doll! I don’t know how any buddy could surrender her‼️ How are you live and who else is in your pack❓
Hi! Sorry I’m not sure what you mean by how we live and who else is in our pack? Bibi is our only bird, I think she likes it that way and being the center of attention lol. She’s a sweetheart!

OP
Dan&Rozie

Dan&Rozie

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
I am a new Ekkie owner myself. If you have any suggestions, or things you've learned please let me know. Bibi is very cute.
All I know is they need a lot of sleep, apparently about 10 hours a night and they have very long digestive tracts so they have to eat a lot of fiber. Not sure if that’s true of all parrots though. Have you owned other kinds of birds before?

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
All I know is they need a lot of sleep, apparently about 10 hours a night and they have very long digestive tracts so they have to eat a lot of fiber. Not sure if that’s true of all parrots though. Have you owned other kinds of birds before?
Yes, I also have a Jenday conure. I was informed that I should feed my ekkie beans for extra fiber. I am currently feeding my ekkie roudybush (careline), a birdie mash (chop), caitec cookies, and harrison's original birdie bread. Nico tends to get bored of anything fed to him if it's repeatedly used, and then he stops eating. I am constanly having to change his food. My conure gets very upset if I change her food, and prefers to eat the same thing everyday (her zupreem nut flavor pellets). I know that the ekkie diet is very controversial. I have to avoid nuts for my ekkie as they make him very aggressive. My assumption is that sense the male ekkies regurgitate food for the females (mates). That my ekkie doesn't want to share his nuts, and wants them for himself. Some female lucked out on having this ekkie for their mate. He will not be sharing his favorite food.

OP
Dan&Rozie

Dan&Rozie

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
Yes, I also have a Jenday conure. I was informed that I should feed my ekkie beans for extra fiber. I am currently feeding my ekkie roudybush (careline), a birdie mash (chop), caitec cookies, and harrison's original birdie bread. Nico tends to get bored of anything fed to him if it's repeatedly used, and then he stops eating. I am constanly having to change his food. My conure gets very upset if I change her food, and prefers to eat the same thing everyday (her zupreem nut flavor pellets). I know that the ekkie diet is very controversial. I have to avoid nuts for my ekkie as they make him very aggressive. My assumption is that sense the male ekkies regurgitate food for the females (mates). That my ekkie doesn't want to share his nuts, and wants them for himself. Some female lucked out on having this ekkie for their mate. He will not be sharing his favorite food.
Lol that would explain why my female Ekkie is always trying to climb in my mouth and see what’s in there.
Dan feeds Bibi microgreens which she really seems to enjoy, but she also seems to have her favorites, such as red peppers but not any other kind.
It sounds like Nico likes to keep you on your toes with his varied diet! You’ll be able to write out an ekkie A-Z cuisine book in a few short years :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts