Hi! My name is Tiki!

TikisMom

Feb 13, 2022
Parrots
Tiki, a green cheek conure
Hello all! This is Tikis mom, he asked me to type for him!πŸ˜‡ I have had Tiki for almost five years, since he was two or three weeks old! His birthday is coming up may 15th, and he will be 5 years old! We are excited to celebrate this milestone!
I’m happy to have found this place as we are having some difficulties; he is my first full time bird, ( I’ve rescued an African gray in the past and was not able to keep her, Piper, but she remained close to me via a friend, so I knew her till the day she passed, sadly.) and we are always learning! I would absolutely love to learn new ways to handle his little attitude that is much bigger than himself, without pulling all my hair out! (Love you Tiki!) Birds are not like any other pet I’ve ever owned, as he has his own little world he is king of…however as I’ve taken this commitment on, there’s no way I could give him up. I’m looking forward to meeting and chatting with ppl with similar issues, so as not to feel so isolated and poopy about my little feathery baby, as well as adjust to his needs better and make him happier, healthier, and all around better in all sorts.

Attachments

• D882C8A8-4CB9-4CB0-8827-25615C86481C.jpeg
    D882C8A8-4CB9-4CB0-8827-25615C86481C.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5168.mp4
    7.6 MB
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Beautiful Tiki :love:

I'm so sorry for the loss of Piper, may she fly high for ever more over the Rainbow Bridge and into fields of nuts and veggies ❀️

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum, Tiki is beautiful! !
I'm so glad you found us, we have a wonderful community here who understand, and it does feel better to know you aren't alone.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you and Tiki better:)

OP
T

TikisMom

Feb 13, 2022
Parrots
OP
T

TikisMom

Feb 13, 2022
Parrots
Welcome to the forum, Tiki is beautiful! !
I'm so glad you found us, we have a wonderful community here who understand, and it does feel better to know you aren't alone.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you and Tiki better:)
Thank you so much! So welcoming! And yes, he for sure knows he’s handsome! πŸ˜…πŸ’• I’m so excited to be here! You guys are great already!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome to the forums! Welcome little Tiki
Yes GCC can have quick mood changes.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome, both of you, but mostly Tiki! What a sweet boy!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. We have a HUGE number of members with GCC and I'm sure you will find suggestions for issues TIki may be throwing you.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome under bittersweet circumstances, my deepest condolences for your loss of Piper.

Tik seems typically free spirited GCC, thankfully we have cohort of members with extensive species knowledge and are willing to share tips! Some threads of potential interest to better bond, build trust, and train as desired: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/tips-for-bonding-and-building-trust.49144/
If biting is problematic: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/bite-pressure-training.63988/

Most Reactions