Hi There!!

Biscuit

Nov 13, 2013
Brisbane,Queensland,Australia
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Hi!!
My name is Felicity O'Reilly and I am brand new to being a bird owner. For my 19th birthday my boyfriends mother gave me a 5 week old Indian Ringneck, named biscuit, whose mother have completed plucked him of feathers (including his brothers and sisters) .

Sadly poor biscuit had picked up his feather picking up from his mother had start to pull our his blood feathers as soon as they would come through. He had to wear the cone of shame for about 4 weeks before I notices he was no long trying to pick at himself and I've never seen another blood feather on the bottom of the cage again.

So from my birthday onwards I hand fed and trained my baby back to health. My bird is nearly 2 months old and loves his attention, loves his fruits and pellets and of course cuddles! Such a strange bird.

Biscuit is now eating, fruits, seeds, nuts and pellets (his favourite).

I'm just a little worried that he's starting to get a little nippy with me now, nothing to bad but I don't want biscuit to be nippy since I have a 6 year old sister and a 2 year old brother and we know what children are like.

biscuit also does these little baby cries and I'm just wondering how long they might last for?

Sorry for the bad picture quality :)

Thank for taking the time to read this.:greenyellow:

Attachments

• 1384021_10201512742713375_412223211_n.jpg
    1384021_10201512742713375_412223211_n.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 161
  • biscuit.jpg
    biscuit.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Welcome, Felicity and Biscuit.:) I don't know about Biscuit's nipping, but I'm sure somebody knowledgable will be able to give you some advice.

OP
B

Biscuit

Nov 13, 2013
Brisbane,Queensland,Australia
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Thank you :)
I'm sure he's just being silly. Biscuit has got some pretty weird habits already, for example, any chance he gets he'll trying and get at my teeth when I'm talking to him. He's just one strange little bird

Frosty

Nov 13, 2013
Hi!!
My name is Felicity O'Reilly and I am brand new to being a bird owner. For my 19th birthday my boyfriends mother gave me a 5 week old Indian Ringneck, named biscuit, whose mother have completed plucked him of feathers (including his brothers and sisters) .

Sadly poor biscuit had picked up his feather picking up from his mother had start to pull our his blood feathers as soon as they would come through. He had to wear the cone of shame for about 4 weeks before I notices he was no long trying to pick at himself and I've never seen another blood feather on the bottom of the cage again.

So from my birthday onwards I hand fed and trained my baby back to health. My bird is nearly 2 months old and loves his attention, loves his fruits and pellets and of course cuddles! Such a strange bird.

Biscuit is now eating, fruits, seeds, nuts and pellets (his favourite).

I'm just a little worried that he's starting to get a little nippy with me now, nothing to bad but I don't want biscuit to be nippy since I have a 6 year old sister and a 2 year old brother and we know what children are like.

biscuit also does these little baby cries and I'm just wondering how long they might last for?

Sorry for the bad picture quality :)

Thank for taking the time to read this.:greenyellow:

Welcome, Felicity and Biscuit.:) I don't know about Biscuit's nipping, but I'm sure somebody knowledgable will be able to give you some advice.

Thank you :)
I'm sure he's just being silly. Biscuit has got some pretty weird habits already, for example, any chance he gets he'll trying and get at my teeth when I'm talking to him. He's just one strange little bird

I'm a newbie too, but have owned parrots before. sadly, just a very sad story, all died. I now own a Africa grey parrot.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Biscuit is currently a little feathered puppy atm... in that he likes to test everything out with his beak!

He just needs some things to keep his beak busy with and to keep redirecting him to things to chew on besides human flesh! That's all!

Most Reactions

Latest posts