Hi 👋 Umbrella's Gender

Jessray

Mar 12, 2022
Parrots
Umbrella cockatoo
Hi everyone!

We have a lovely umbrella cockatoo who we've had since she was a baby. She's currently nearly 11 years old.
Just wondered if anyone can help me with weather she is actually a she or not 😂 I know there's no way to be certain without a DNA test but I'd like to see what you think.

She's never layed but she's quite dainty and her eyes are brown. She's very much a mummy's girl although she likes anyone she will try her hardest to get to me and likes to regurgitate one me (no one else gets the pleasure and I don't do anything to warrant it she will just hop over and do it then trot off again)
What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG20220312155703.jpg
    IMG20220312155703.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200918_150454.jpg
    IMG_20200918_150454.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 87

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Definitely female, and beautiful 'too :)

OP
J

Jessray

Mar 12, 2022
Parrots
Umbrella cockatoo
Aww thanks, she's a little sweetheart! Glad you think female too, we were always pretty sure until someone said she would of layed by now if she was and then I started questioning it!

How old is your male umbrella?

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
Aww thanks, she's a little sweetheart! Glad you think female too, we were always pretty sure until someone said she would of layed by now if she was and then I started questioning it!

How old is your male umbrella?
He’s 3 years old! :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Gorgeous U2 and likely a girl, however....

Light cockatoo eye color generally indicative of female, but I have an exception! Gabby my Goffin's has coal-black eyes, presumed male for 25 years. Until she unexpectedly laid a single egg 2 years ago. Thankfully none since!

Most Reactions

Latest posts