Hip hopping around

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
I posted a week or so a pic of Nike with a new primary coming it. Heck, I don't have any new pics to post so I'm going to repost that one.

So today I needed to work at a table so that I could spread out this 150 page document I've been working on...sometimes I just need to look at paper to see the flow. Anyway, since that primary and other feathers came in I knew that me being in the dining room and her on a perch in the living room just wasn't going to work out so I setup Nike's mango Playstand top on the table where I was working, all freshly loaded with food and water. I then put her on it and began to work. Well, for about 6 hours she was like a sparrow at a bird feeder. She would fly from the playstand about 15" to my shoulder, then hop/fly to my head, then down to the shoulder again, then to the back of the chair I was sitting on, then to my shoulder......

It was constant movement with Nike only pausing for periods on my head which was the highest point in her current environment. It also seemed that she only needed to poop when she was on my head...go figure.

And the icing on the cake was the blueberry I didn't see until I folded my laptop closed...nicely squished into the keys.

nike1-12-20-2.jpg

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Aww, she was onlly trying to help daddy work, Bill. Salty acts much the same on the rare chances I get to bring him into the office or when I let him come downstairs into the studio when we are rehearsing or recording. Cant sit still for beans. He even tried to take a bite out of my fiddle tonight. Thats where I draw the line. Back upstairs you go, bird, onto your play chain. No squished blueberries though, gotta love that.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I’m quite partial to blueberries too, usually half chewed by Lilly and dropped on my head. She could be a mini-Nike :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts