Hmmmm... My butter is no longer safe.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Last night, after dinner, albie flew into the kitchen (no hot pots, I just left the bread and butter, with its lid on, out)

After a few minutes, I hear a lot of very happy trilling and chipping, which is suspicious. I was expecting to find him going nuts over the seeded loaf i made. Nope. He recognised the butter tub, was able to take the lid off and was happily eating the butter! My butter has several beak marks in it now.

Note to self. Put butter away properly, don't trust albie with anything that doesn't have a screw top lid.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Smart little birdie like Albie - something tells me he'll work out those screw top lids in a flash too. Nothing is safe!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Yi
Smart little birdie like Albie - something tells me he'll work out those screw top lids in a flash too. Nothing is safe!m

Smart little birdie like Albie - something tells me he'll work out those screw top lids in a flash too. Nothing is safe!
You know, youre probably right!

I wouldn't change him for the world, we are finally at a good place, I'm very rarely bitten these day and if he does, it's a nip rather than a bite, and 99% of the time I can work out what it is I've done for him to tell me off.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yi

You know, youre probably right!

I wouldn't change him for the world, we are finally at a good place, I'm very rarely bitten these day and if he does, it's a nip rather than a bite, and 99% of the time I can work out what it is I've done for him to tell me off.
Doesn't surprise me one bit, Stitch, that little rascal has had you wrapped around his little claw pretty much from day one ;)

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Oh Albie <3

Pascal is crazy about some fruits, namely bananas, apples, and now the fruit of the season - tangerines.
He will bite his way through to get to his tangerines, even if it still skinned (which is VERY bad for anyone due to the pesticides!)

Aina (Partner's senegal) is way too smart and will open pretty much anything or just chew her way through the container to get to the food, any food really. If the flat is too silent, and the bird is not in sight. it's always a sign the bird is up to something....

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Several of my birds well acquainted with the kitchen. Well, of course as they are mandatory "chop supervisors" on a mission! All nuts and cereals must be removed from sight otherwise the constant battle to purloin almonds, Cheerios, wheat chex is exhausting!

D

Deleted member 42416

Rico, the LSCC, also goes crazy for butter. We joke there must be a “butter tree” in East Timor where his species originates. Along with a pulled pork tree, mashed potatoes tree, and fried chicken tree. We have to hide the butter dish in the oven since he is strong enough to pull the heavy lid off!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
We have had to put a towel on top of the washer to block the gap between it and the work surface. He likes to hide there playing peek a boo... But.... He refuses to come out!

Most Reactions

Latest posts