Holy hair!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Totally off topic, but my hair was something else this morning! My hair is naturally pin straight and only has very light waves when I braid it wet and sleep on it. Yesterday I had split my hair into 4 small braids for Halloween when it was wet in the morning and slept on it overnight. I don't think I've ever seen my hair this wavy or "volumous" ever in my life! I didn't do french braids either so you can totally see where they started too. This was when I took it out and brushed it this AM. Maybe next year I'll do this again the night before and go as Rapunzel lol.

cameringo_20161101_131017_zpsrtbc27ju.jpg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
MAN... stunningly beautiful.
You should be in a hair-care commercial.

As a half-Mexican, half-Irish female, I battle the worst of thickness, frizz and brassy red.

But I won't be a hater. Your hair is fabulous.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots

Except I don't use any "hair care" products:p Beer or coffee and vinegar to wash and a couple drops of argan oil when it's wet and that's it.

If you have frizzy hair, seriously look into argan oil. It isn't greasy and it's great for hair. Put it on when your hair is still wet, just a couple drops, and brush it through.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Gorgeous! You never braided wet hair before? That's the poor girl's perm. Don't ask me how I know.

I do a single braid wet quite frequently, but it only gives minimal waviness and those waves fall out quickly. I had 4 small braids in yesterday that made it this wavy. It's already back to almost straight again. My hair doesn't hold a wave or a curl, never has, even when I was younger and it was much shorter.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Except I don't use any "hair care" products:p Beer or coffee and vinegar to wash and a couple drops of argan oil when it's wet and that's it.

If you have frizzy hair, seriously look into argan oil. It isn't greasy and it's great for hair. Put it on when your hair is still wet, just a couple drops, and brush it through.

Love the simple science of what you are doing. The use of Argan Oil is Old World - recommendation from a Great Grandmother, who got it from her Great Grandmother, I would bet! Hmmm, Hair type sounds like (far) Northern European?

As Wrench stated: Totally Beautiful! Your Daily Effort Shows!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Your hair is just breathtaking, April, straight or wavy. Mine has never held a curl either, but I used to love it for the hour or so it stayed in when I braided it before bed. It never looked as good as yours, though!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Wow April, your hair is amazing. I knew it was long, but I had no idea it was that long!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Hmmm, Hair type sounds like (far) Northern European?

Your guess is as good as mine! I know very little in the way of family history past some vague probably a little Irish and German in me.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Your guess is as good as mine! I know very little in the way of family history past some vague probably a little Irish and German in me.

If you or any one else are more than a little interested, there is a reasonably economical and IMHO very accurate method to determine lineage. PM me for more details and personal experience if you wish! (I have no stake in the process, and it is highly publicized)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Very likely that there is a fair amount of Raiding Vikings mixed in there also! Oh, well - you got great hair that simply wants to do very little. Congrats on the No Salt diet you take care of it with!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
A little leery of those genealogy sites and databases. Kind of makes me think it could open a real pandoras box in regards to far extended family if I register.

I wouldn't doubt there could be "viking" blood in me. And I have my own theories about those hair care products. Not on my head!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Your hair is beautiful, April, with or without waves.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A little leery of those genealogy sites and databases. Kind of makes me think it could open a real pandoras box in regards to far extended family if I register.

I wouldn't doubt there could be "viking" blood in me. And I have my own theories about those hair care products. Not on my head!

I did the "saliva" DNA test through a well-advertised genetics company but did *not* sign on with the external and better known genealogy company. They have a proprietary data base available only to customers, and I actually located an unknown second cousin! The lineage and health-history aspect is fascinating, and I have reason to believe it is extremely accurate. I do understand your reluctance, but made the judgment it is not harmful.

Most Reactions

Latest posts