86 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20221019-163122_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221019-163122_Gallery.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 42
OP
Littleredbeak

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
congratulations! You never let me know you decided to go for it!!!

Lovely sweet baby !

Vet check yet?
She tried giving me her feather through the glass at the store when I went back <3 thank you so much for your advice!

Vet appointment is scheduled for early mid November (first opening for a wellness check). I tend to pick sick animals ... I'm hoping she's healthy... I've been monitoring her and so far she's been showing health bird behavior with frequent naps (which I think is normal for a 5 month old bird?)

She is one of the best decisions I've made💗yup

Attachments

• 20221024_112413.jpg
    20221024_112413.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
OP
Littleredbeak

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Mmmm...little worrisome at 5 months. But babies do take extra naps. And she has definitely been stressed at pet store.

But definitely good to get vet check. And monitor weight.

She is a heart stealer for sure!!!
Congratulations!!! I love her
When you got yours did she nap alot? Activity then nap?

She is my first baby parrot in a while ( my very first bird was a budgie and I can't remember if he napped alot).
Mmmm...little worrisome at 5 months. But babies do take extra naps. And she has definitely been stressed at pet store.

But definitely good to get vet check. And monitor weight.

She is a heart stealer for sure!!!
Congratulations!!! I love her

She is a sweet heart <3

When should her baby naps stop?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
When you got yours did she nap alot? Activity then nap?

She is my first baby parrot in a while ( my very first bird was a budgie and I can't remember if he napped alot).

She is a sweet heart <3

When should her baby naps stop?
A baby under 16 weeks will take more naps...I got both my GCC at 12 weeks and under I think. For sure Ta-dah was 3 months or younger. She only took one nap a day...about. Neptune ( quaker) was only 7 weeks when I got him . He took about 4 naps a day for the first 3 weeks home about.

Larger parrots species mature slower. So their baby time can last close to a year. And medium and larger parrots may have puberty closer to 2 years up to 4 years.

A green cheek at 6 months is going through puberty, so near sub adult at that age. So I noticed how many nap Pic you posted...and it did concern me a little.....but if she was forced rushed weaned...and as you know has feathers showing stress or nutritional stress, or low level chronic health issue....it can delay them a little. But they will quickly gain ground in a awesome home like yours. But you will have to wait till feathers molt out to view the wonderful results. It could be she has delsted her fall molt or baby molt from stress, be it nutrition, general stress, or health. So if you see any signs of molt be sure and provide plenty of extra calories and little extra protein from , boiled egg, nut, cooked lentils, or soaked and cooked beans, or a thumb size amount of boiled chicken. As she is kinda coming to it under the gun . And molt are a stress on them.

Last edited:
OP
Littleredbeak

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
A baby under 16 weeks will take more naps...I got both my GCC at 12 weeks and under I think. For sure Ta-dah was 3 months or younger. She only took one nap a day...about. Neptune ( quaker) was only 7 weeks when I got him . He took about 4 naps a day for the first 3 weeks home about.

A green cheek at 6 months is going through puberty, so near sub adult at that age. So I noticed how many nap Pic you posted...and it did concern me a little.....but if she was forced rushed weaned...and as you know has feathers showing stress or nutritional stress, or low level chronic health issue....it can delay them a little. But they will quickly gain ground in a awesome home like yours. But you will have to wait till feathers molt out to view the wonderful results. It could be she has delsted her fall molt or baby molt from stress, be it nutrition, general stress, or health. So if you see any signs of molt be sure and provide plenty of extra calories and little extra protein from , boiled egg, nut, cooked lentils, or soaked and cooked beans, or a thumb size amount of boiled chicken. As she is kinda coming to it under the gun . And molt are a stress on them.
Thank you for you detailed response, I greatly appreciate it. I thought her naps were normal and greatly appreciate you letting me know it is not. I will be calling the office tomorrow.

Pet store was doing seeds but every so often would do some kind of leafy green (it could have been everyday... or the 3 out of 4 I stopped in). She loves food and is loving the variety she is getting. Her appetite and poops are good. I did set her up with a heated perch ( everyone has one here) and today is the first day she's using it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts