Hopeful for a new companion soon (TAG/CAG or BGM) in CA, but soon in NH.

MikeCim

Aug 1, 2023
Parrots
None yet
Good Afternoon Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well. My name is Mike and my wife is Connie. I am now in a position to get a new companion. But before I do, I am taking the time to learn as much as possible about each of them, TAG/CAG and BGM. I am currently located int he central valley in California, but we are getting ready to relocate to cental New Hampshire in the next few months. So this will be after the move. This will be my companion, I work from home and if I am gone it's normally for just 4-8 hours, but that is maybe once most twice a month, but when I am gone, my wife or her mom is at home. I have been reading everything I can in this forum, watch YouTube videos, etc.. I have had Parakeets in the past. I also understand this is a very long term commitment and will be a lot to learn. I look forward to making new friends, learning and listening to the community. If you have any advice, or could recommend any information to read/watch. Please let me know.

Everyone have a wonderful day

Last edited:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome! Sounds like you’re off to a great start with researching. Before my bird chose me I spent hours and hours watching videos and reading as well and it is definitely worth it to put that effort in beforehand!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
It just so happens that a local pet store has a CAG for sale.

I live in So Cal so with you moving soon I guess a bird in California is not what you are looking for.
HE is 36 years old.
Original owner became unable to care for him (exact reason unknown).
He is in beautiful shape, no feather plucking;
So far he has not taken much interest in me.
Previous owner was a woman so it could be he will bond best with another Female owner.

Most Reactions