Hoping to become a new parrot parent

Ezekiell

Jan 31, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Māui (white bellied caique)
Hi everyone. I live in Australia and am considering getting a sun conure as a new addition to my family and as my own pet. :orange:

I used to have canaries and budgies when I was small, and now I'm much much older I am looking forward to having a lifelong parrot friend and learning more about this beautiful bird.

Please check out my other thread where I am asking for some advice on cage sizes (it's very confusing);
http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/59717-considering-sun-conure-addition-family.html#post546444

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Welcome and enjoy the forum I am finding a wealth of information and helpful tips here. From reading your other thread I would suggest that you show your mom and family some youtube videos showing the intelligence of the conure and make sure they also get to see them spending out of cage time interacting with their owners on these videos...seeing sometimes says a whole lot more than words...it would be great if you could get your family on board here to accomodate the needs of your Sun Conure when you get it. As to the cage size get the biggest cage that you can. Pay attention too to the bar spacing Im not sure what the bar spacing should be for a Sun Conure as Ive never had one but someone here will advise you on this, I had a white eyed Conure who although he had lots and lots of out of cage time and a little parrot playground in front of his favourite window where he chattered to all the wild birds he still had a huge cage...I believe that bigger is always better for the cage for any bird. Hope all works out well for you and your Sun Conure when you get him/her :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts