Hoping to build my knowledge

Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
Hi all,

My family are proud owners of a 2 year old Pineapple GC Conure and an almost 1 year old GC conure. We are really focused on training right now and hope to add to our flock with a medium size parrot or too. (Rose or Goffin or Amazon possibly) I would appreciate any help in that matter and am excited to be a part of this community.

Thank you again for the add.
:)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome to Parrot Forums :). Glad you joined us. We'd love to hear more about your conures' training, and we love pics or video! What are their names?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there, and welcome to the forums. :)

Can't help you with any cockatoos, but will say that I'm QUITE fond of my Amazons. :D

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
Hello all! Well I am a bit slow and didn't see the replies! I have been digging into the information here and loving every bit of it! I am so grateful for all your knowledge and gentle corrections when necessary! We have Morgan -pineapple GCC (2 years old) and a little nipster lol and Merlin, DOB unknown but we estimate 1 year in May. He is a sweetheart and seems to have taken to me. We just took in a moustached parakeet named Chi Chi DOB unknown but she is larger than the green cheeks and we don't think she has ever been handled so we are just getting to know her. I will post pics you so all can see. :)

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
image.jpg
Chi Chi

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Hi there, and welcome to the forums. :)

Can't help you with any cockatoos, but will say that I'm QUITE fond of my Amazons. :D

Hi Wendy!
Love your posts and knowledge! We just saw a bunch of amazons and they are so pretty! Thank you for your input!

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Welcome to Parrot Forums :). Glad you joined us. We'd love to hear more about your conures' training, and we love pics or video! What are their names?

I am struggling with uploading pictures! :confused:
We have done some clicker training but am trying to read different points and most importantly trying to teach my girls (ages 10,8 and 6). Respect and to read their body language. We were given pretty bad advice (toweling to get them out of the cage ) when we first got Morgan and that is probably why she is more nippy but she is very sweet and just needs training and respect.

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots

Most Reactions