How did you know about PF?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Lord I donโ€™t even remember, first time I posted was maybe 2007, probably googled โ€œparrot forumโ€ to ask the dreaded โ€œwhat bird is best for me? Must be quiet and like everyoneโ€ question.

Came back 7 years later after I got my Ekkie.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I joined after I got my rescue Penny to freshen up on mistreated parrots and share our journey. Plus I liked tge format better on this forum than others especially the ability to post pictures!

Shout out to Sailboat read his whole I love Amazon thread really much stuff that applied to quaker Penny. Il just link this jem

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
I asked some parrot question on google and got linked to a thread with whatever topic I had asked. i liked the format, and I was really impressed with how supportive and non-judgmental everyone was. i had been a a breed specific dog site-whew! Those folks could be awful! It wasnโ€™t a helpful environment, nor informative as I was apprehensive to ask a question and get their standard condescending pate answer โ€œyour dog doesnโ€™t get enough exercise/doesnโ€™t respect you/ you suck. Yeah. No thanks
Thank you Parrot Forums!!! This has been just a gold mine of help

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I canNOT remember, truly! It just seems like forever.
And what a blessing.
When I brought the Rb home in 1984, sources of support and information were scarce and scattered, let me tell you!
I love this place.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I discovered internet forums when I bought a .... project car (VW TDI).
I joined a forum for diesel VW's to get some answers to my problem child.

I guess I decided to see if there were internet forums for parrots.
The rest is history.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I was just doing some research and I found this forum so I asked mom if I can join and she said yes.

I read some posts here long before joining. I think the very first forum I found was AA, but I like this forum better.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I was a lurker for almost 3 years before joining-
Buut I didn't recognize this place because of the update

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I also Googled forums for parrots, and found several. I checked out a few others without joining, but there was so much judgement that I didn't want to join. Then I came here and joined the same day because everyone was so supportive.
I love the members here and all the knowledge and understanding that everyone shares.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Googled parrot health issues during a time of need August 2010. Liked the vibe and joined, subsequently took a few years hiatus. Returned in earnest, still one of my favorite cyber hangouts!

Most Reactions

Latest posts