How does everyone clean their hand rasing equipment/utensils/tools

Sora6886

Jun 14, 2022
Nsw Australia
Parrots
Caiques, sun conures, eclectus, parrotlets, macaw, kakarikis, galah, macaw
I'm an breeder n I hand raiser and I've just been researching any thing I could be doing better or easier. I've been trying to find how everyone prefers to sanitise or clean their equiment (eg. Syringes, spoons, cups etc).
Obviously I've had a really hard time finding answers to this. (I'm probably not using the right wording or something🙃)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
With the exception of Syringes, as their o-ring will fail! But as long as everything else is Dishwasher safe, run them in the Dishwasher!

Assure you run the Hot Water in the sink next to the Dishwasher until it is Hot prior to starting /running the dishwasher. Also select the Sanitize cycle and do not run your normal dishes, pots, etc., with your Avian equipment!

You are going to continue to find it ever more difficult to find breeder information as that group continues to crash as the marketplace for Parrots become ever smaller.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I generally use hot water and I use a solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. With the exception of the syringe, which just gets hot water treatment as it cracks as Sailboat said :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts