How many bags of pellets do you stock?

Iko

Nov 30, 2021
Parrots
CAG. GCC. Cockatiel
I had a poor planning mishap, and nearly ran out of pellets a while back.

I couldnā€™t find natural cockatiel sized Zupreem natural anywhere. Itā€™s the only thing my flock will eat. All the big chain pets stores around happened to be out of stock as well as Chewy. Everyone else was a week or more wait time with shipping. Thankfully a Mom and Pop shop still had a bag left!

All this leads me to wonder how many bags the average person buys ahead for their fids?

It felt like weeks before Chewy had any back in stockā€¦

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Oh man, Iā€™ve had this happen to me too. I sometimes buy 5lb bags since I keep them refrigerated. If larger bags are not an option, buying an extra bag and reordering when you finish the FIRST bag is probably the best way to play it safe.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I generally buy a big bag, which lasts me a month. I mix it with seed and the birds are happy with that arrangement (They get their veggies, too!). On a really bad month, where things are out of stock, I switch to a veggie/seed/pellet mix that comes closest to what my birds will eat. In most cases they'll much on it, unless it's too different for them, such as a larger sized pellet.

Most Reactions