How much is too much?

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I don’t know if it’s because I am single with no kids but people will tell you that I em into my birds. I have two girls that are going in 18 - Sun and Quaker.

Where is the fine line between being crazy about your birds and going overboard?

I am in the mist of planning a zoom birthday party for their 18th birthday (they are a month apart in age). I didn’t give them a sweet 16 in 2020 since we were at the hight of the pandemic. Since the people who are mort interested in them don’t live locally I figured Zoom would be perfect.

I am getting them some gifts for high will be put to good use.

The two of them have moved into my home office (I work remotely , started end of 2017)

We shower together.

Ny father says I am too much and doesn’t seem to like ut when I address him as their grandpa. He said β€œI am not a bird’s grandpa.” I responded β€œAre you a monkeys uncle?” LOL!

So am I over the top or what?

Please share your stories.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I give all my pets Christmas presents, and feed their favorites on holidays.
And my crazy burd lady thing is to show pictures of my parrots to people whether or not they want to see them πŸ™ƒ

My mom and I wre getting pedicures . My guy kept hitting on me making me a little uncomfortable. So I showed him every single bird photo and made him watch my bird videos and just kept talking birds. After we left my mom laughed so hard. She said that was a nice way to be obnoxious back to him, while having fun! We both laughed because my mom couldn't believe i didn't run out of videos or pictures the whole time! She said she kept waiting for me to have none left ...lol...she said they just kept coming.
Lol I told her if I'd run out of burd pictures I'd switch to puppy pictures

Eldarion_

Jun 16, 2020
Australia
Parrots
Dirk- yellow-sided GCC
Queenie- pineapple GCC
Dusty- albino cockatiel
Raz - pastel-face pied cockatiel
I absolutely love the idea of getting presents for your birds, and I think it's so lovely to celebrate their birthdays!
They really become a part of the family, so of course you're going to celebrate their special day :)

I adore all of my birds and often refer to them as my kids. I force everyone to watch videos of them splashing around in their water dish or make them look at pictures of them holding their favourite toys!

I love the stories here, and I wish your girls a wonderful birthday!

miki

Jun 26, 2014
I absolutely love the idea of getting presents for your birds, and I think it's so lovely to celebrate their birthdays!
They really become a part of the family, so of course you're going to celebrate their special day :)

I adore all of my birds and often refer to them as my kids. I force everyone to watch videos of them splashing around in their water dish or make them look at pictures of them holding their favourite toys!

I love the stories here, and I wish your girls a wonderful birthday!
These stories are such a riot! I love them.. Pets become so like and so part of the family. I miss celebrating Aliza's birthdays with friends/family.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I don't see a problem! Companion animals a passion and interwoven within the fabric of family.

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
I sing to my bird have a full conversation in baby voice with her i als say goo morning and good night to her grandma every day and gives my niece and nephew a kiss daily

Most Reactions